My Uber Moisturizing Shea Butter Mix

Kellum

I ordered some things from Lotions Crafters. I ordered some Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Protein, Honeyquat, and Un-refined Shea Butter. I planned on making a really moisturizing leave in Ayurveda tea spritz and just mixing my Shea butters with some really good oils like EVCO, CO, Avocado, etc....

My ordered arrived yesterday and I was really excited. I planned on experimenting this weekend but couldn't wait to try it. I went back to the Lotion Crafters website and read the info again for the 50-11th time and then I had a light bulb moment. Add the SAA, Honeyquat, Hydrolyzed Oats, and Hydrolyzed Protein to my Shea butter too. I hopped up and got to work.

These measurements are approximations.

8 oz Un-Refined Shea Butter
1 1/2 to 2 ml Silk Amino Acids
1 1/2 to 2 ml Hydrolyzed Oats
1 1/2 to 2 ml Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
1 1/2 to 2 ml Honeyquat
3 to 4 Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Castor Oil
1 tsp Jojoba Oil
1 tsp Avocado Oil
1 tsp Grape Seed Oil
1 tsp Sweet Almond Oil

I softened the Shea butter in the microwave and then added the other ingredients. I then mixed it all up until smooth, put in a clean container and then in the refrigerator to re-solidify.

After making my Shea butter I proceeded to washing and DCing my hair. I applied my leave ins an then sealed with my Shea butter mix. I blow dried my hair with the cool setting in sections applying more Shea butter to the sections making. I was heavy handed so my hair is a little weighed down, but I didn't mind since I was doing was bunning.

My hair dried feeling amazing. It is very silky, soft and smooth. My NG was out of control (I'm only 8 weeks post). I just started my 2nd bottle of SHN vitamins and biotin and now it is very manageable, soft, laying down easily. I love it!! :superbanana:My hair has been soft and moisturized before but this is on a whole different level. :superbanana:I really believe the SAA, hydrolyzed oats, hydrolyzed protein, and honeyquat made a big difference in the moisturizeration of my hair in the Shea butter. This is definitely going to be a keeper in my regimen.

Oh and I forgot to add. I even put some of my Shea butter mix on my skin. My skin is soft and silky too. It is softer than any lotion or cream I have ever used and not greasy.

Last edited:
Back