My texturizing process... **pics**

Are you at all worried that having the twist in will prevent you from getting all of the relaxer out or if you'll end up having a ribbon effect where the part that is twisted towards the inside doesn't get relaxed while the outside does?

Are you at all worried that having the twist in will prevent you from getting all of the relaxer out or if you'll end up having a ribbon effect where the part that is twisted towards the inside doesn't get relaxed while the outside does?

Sorry I'm just now seeing this!

I haven't done the twist method since then, mainly because the second time around I texlaxed (going straighter/wavier) instead of texturizing. However, if I were to do it again I wouldn't be too worried because I would have neutralized a few times and also taken the twists down immediately instead of leaving them in for a day like I did last time.

Bump, I just permed my hair with twists in it; shoulda known that somebody else here has done this too.

Good info though, big thanks to the OP! Good stuff, (though I avoid the sink and do the whole rinse/wash thing in the shower)

Bump, I just permed my hair with twists in it; shoulda known that somebody else here has done this too.

Good info though, big thanks to the OP! Good stuff, (though I avoid the sink and do the whole rinse/wash thing in the shower)

Did you get similar results ?

Thanks for bumping, Ivonnovi! How did your hair turn out?

The OP's results were gorgeous.

I'm due for a touch-up in the next couple of weeks and I am seriously considering trying to do it myself. I'm all about DIY in 2010.

Did you get similar results ?

Thanks for bumping, Ivonnovi! How did your hair turn out?

The OP's results were gorgeous.

I'm due for a touch-up in the next couple of weeks and I am seriously considering trying to do it myself. I'm all about DIY in 2010.

Sorry it has taken so long to respond, my camera phone would not do the err textures justice and I had an unexpected trip to take.

I'm posting now with decent pictures.

Note:
I just relaxed enough to "barely loosen" the curl pattern + I'm toying with the idea of getting sister locs. So here goes.

The top of my hair has extensions in it. I did this to fill-in-the-gaps of my fine hair. One of the pics is with the ext. down (and has 2 yarn twist hanging, as I was experimenting with these for "color-matching").

The pic with the brown top is from my phone. It shows my hair in a pony as I'm adding the extensions in the crown.

I used wet 'n wavy hair for the extensions, one of the pics shows my hair and the w'nw hair hanging in a pony. I think it blended well.

Yes, I've flat-iorned all the hair and it looked ok (at home). I wasnt' too pleased with the look after a few hours.

Attachments

• DSC01640.jpg
    DSC01640.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01636.jpg
    DSC01636.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC01637.jpg
    DSC01637.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC01635.jpg
    DSC01635.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG0197.jpg
    CIMG0197.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 39
This pic is the style I'm wearing now. Pony in flat clip at crown with my hair swangin' all over.

To achieve it I simply put "my hair" into 2 rear braids, and set them on 1 cloth-covered roller and scarf at night. In the morning, use a very damp wash cloth to moisten the w'nw hair, using a wash cloth to I uncurl, unbraid and fluff my hair and "go".

Attachments

• Family and promotion 084.jpg
    Family and promotion 084.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 30
Back