My Texture Has Changed But I'm Not Mad...

Kinkyhairlady

more curious how. I'm a typical 4c but I've been going to the salon to get it straightened bu weekly for the past 4 months. Last night I decided to was my hair at home before getting it braided today in extensions and I was shocked to see that my hair although reverted it reverted to a 4a I would say. I could wear a cute wash and go if I was not getting it done in braids.

I'm just lost because I don't know if it's the products that the salon is using or is it hormones since I'm expecting. My hair is a lot fuller as well. I'm afraid to ask the stylist cause I don't want her thinking I'm accusing her but this new texture is def not what I had before. Could it be possible that my hair is just healthier so the texture appears different?

It's probably loosened from the heat. If your long term plan is to wear your hair straight or stretched, it probably isn't a problem, but a loss of elasticity usually indicates that the hair is damaged and may eventually break. Make sure you're getting deep conditioning treatments before each straightening session.

Back