My Stylist Called To See If I was OK...

LOL this happened with me and the nail salon! I was getting those fills and pedi's every 2 weeks....they want to know what the heck happened to me.

I ditched the salons back in 2007 so they don't miss me any more! :lol:

Same here! I am persona non grata since I went natural. All they know is I take too long to blow dry so they can't be bothered. Plus I go like once a year now so they have moved on LOL :grin:

Well I am not feeling the love. I stopped going to my stylist who I met in 05 for various reasons. The last time I went to her I went for a trim and she combed all my hair down and trimmed it for $5 and was done. I felt like that was a terrible trim but it did remove some dead ends. But anyways she has NEVER called me once to see how I was doing. I didn't like her anyways but she wasn't scissor happy and she did have my hair on point when I was prego. I take that back she was scissor happy when I was prego cause my hair never made it past CBL while prego even though it was super healthy.

LOL.. you probably have a phone call coming don't worry!

Girl, my DD's braider called me yesterday asking when I'm bringing her...it hasn't been but a month! I was like geez, money must be real tight!

:lachen::lachen:dang that's taking it to a whole nutha level.lol

[/b]
You just said it...a lot of them are cold calling now lol. I got a text from mine a few weeks ago saying "haven't talked 2 u in a while, how are things?" Read: "***** where ya been? How's your hair? I need some money." Mind you I've only been going to her for trims a couple times a year for the past 2 years. She hasn't actually done my hair since '06.

Now this is hilarious!! I'm mad she sent a txt msg

Wow!!! :sekret: Girl - ain't nobody looking for me. I just never went back.... all them years ago....

Same here! I am persona non grata since I went natural. All they know is I take too long to blow dry so they can't be bothered. Plus I go like once a year now so they have moved on LOL :grin:

LOL

LOL!!! I swear a lot of stylists are scandalous.On the flip side If you're not a regular coming in there spending those bucks they don't have time for you!!! I have never been like a every 2 weeker I would just come in for TU's I missed a few my stylist acted like she didn't know me and didn't have the time, told me to go to her assistant!! But all is well that ends well because when I was in there a while ago getting my hair braided by the braiders (who are in the same shop) I saw her and the other stylists and assistants using white rain shampoo, WHITE RAIN!!! When I went there they used Motions at least. I was like glad I don't get my hair done there nemore!!

LOL!!! I swear a lot of stylists are scandalous.On the flip side If you're not a regular coming in there spending those bucks they don't have time for you!!! I have never been like a every 2 weeker I would just come in for TU's I missed a few my stylist acted like she didn't know me and didn't have the time, told me to go to her assistant!! But all is well that ends well because when I was in there a while ago getting my hair braided by the braiders (who are in the same shop) I saw her and the other stylists and assistants using white rain shampoo, WHITE RAIN!!! When I went there they used Motions at least. I was like glad I don't get my hair done there nemore!!

This is a stylist pet peeve of mine. I'm not paying someone to put cheap "over the counter" products on my hair.

You can pick up White Rain at the Dollar Tree.

I want to see the good stuff. Stuff I need to have a license in order to get or that costs no less than $10-15 a bottle.

This is a stylist pet peeve of mine. I'm not paying someone to put cheap "over the counter" products on my hair.

You can pick up White Rain at the Dollar Tree.

I want to see the good stuff. Stuff I need to have a license in order to get or that costs no less than $10-15 a bottle.

OTHER STYLISTS DO THIS?!?!? thank god this was the first and last time i ever saw this. i didn't know others did it too geez!!! and she charges almost 70.00 for a wash and set, with white rain, WHITE RAIN!!! LOL:lachen:I'm sorry i'm just cracking up at this, the nerve!!

My niece asked me where I'd been too lol. I love her to death and still call her and visit, but I can afford to be in college and shelling out $50 for a wash and set. I got more important stuff...like clothes to buy :giggle:

It's ok, the best you can do is grow that hair long and then she'll perhaps realize you don't need her. In fact, I think she knows you dont need her, LOL!

I haven't been to my former braider since sept 07. She complained about my hair being too thick and kept changing my appointment times. She knew that I had to get up at 4 am for work yet she'd schedule other people at my appointment time and would make me wait while she did another client's hair. The longer my hair got the more she griped while she was braiding. I went to her for almost 4 years and in that last year she just got stupid. I'd make an appointment a month in advance for a technique and she'd gladly write it down or I'd make an appointment to have a retouch done and again no problem. All of a sudden she started telling me not to make my appointments so far in advance so I stopped and started making them within the next few weeks. She complained about that. The last time I went to her she fussed at me in front of her other clients because she thought that I'd called her the previous week for that appointment when I'd just called her a few days before. Now this heifer said this after she'd just scheduled me for my next appointment. I was mad and she knew it. After I got home I called her and told her to cancel my appointment and I haven't been back since. One of my cousins still goes to her and the braider asked her where I was and who was doing my hair. My cousin told her that I was doing it myself and that it looked good. Ha! She still sends me emails about her sales, hours and off days. I don't give a .....

I have the reverse effect. My hair is sooo much thicker and longer that my old stylist was totally relieved I no longer come to her since she has seen all the hair on my head now!:lachen:

I wouldn't go even if I had the time, money and patience. I do miss someone washing my hair and laying back in that sink but alas, I am not willing to deal with the pulling, tugging and everything else when dealing with this head of hair.

I'm not faithful to anyone hair stylist so I don't get calls or nothing like that. THe lady who does my relaxer lives in the same building as me so I might pop in to say hi but that's it. She knows I do my own hair, she even says it.

Steph girl I'm good just hanging there.

Back