My Spring/Summer "I Want More Hair!!!" Regimine

so1913

Well, it's that time of the year to start taking advantage of the warm weather. I'm going to keep it simple, because i'm just lazy like that these days, lol. I recently got about 1inch or so cut from my hair, so I'm at a good starting point.

I plan to shampoo once to twice a week, and do daily conditioner washes, skipping a day here or there. I'm going to use Eqyss Premier Shampoo (since I bought a 32oz bottle of it a while back) and continue to alternate between Eqyss Mega Tek 2 to 3 times a week and another conditioner like Aussie 3 min Miracle/ Pantene Hydrating curls on the off day. I will apply a combo Asha's Green Tea, Silk Rose, and Pantene Curl Revive Leave In (these 3 liquid sprays work well on my hair, no build up or weighing down, providing great natural looking curl definition...sometimes I'll use all three, sometimes one or two) and diffuse on medim/low heat (can't stand walking around with wet hair, this gets rid of the bulk of water )

I will massage in Asha's Roots apply a small amount of one of the many butter pomades I have (either Asha's, Ebene, Oyin..so much to use up) and pony puff it (until I figure out how to be more creative)

I'll probably get my hair two strand twisted professionally at some point in time. When I do this, I will use Asha's Green Tea daily along with Roots.

Thats pretty much it. What's your "I Want More Hair" regimine?

Hey girly. This sounds pretty darn good. Your hair should thrive during the warmer months.

Me? I don't have an "I Want More Hair" routine. :lol: At this point, I really don't want more hair. :ohwell:

Allandra said:
Hey girly. This sounds pretty darn good. Your hair should thrive during the warmer months.

Me? I don't have an "I Want More Hair" routine. :lol: At this point, I really don't want more hair. :ohwell:

SO!!!!!!!!:wacky:

I think I may either get braids or do a domican wash every week. I'm leaning towards braids.

I'm also going to try the olive oil and cayenne pepper thing along with Surge.

My hair grows pretty fast during the warmer months, so I'm just going to start washing my hair three times/week instead of the normal two times/week. I've also been thinking about getting braids. We'll see.

Hmmm not sure. Definately do more co washes.... oh and also try this air drying rave. It scares me though i definately love a good blow dry. :perplexed

Definitely plenty of cw...probably a little baggie treatments thrown in here and there too and continue with no heat (that's been working really good)!

probably increase washing from twice a week to thrice a week, start the baggie method, co washing always and using shampoo when i need to clarify or relax. i will moisturise daily as usual with bb oil and seal with castor oil especially on my ends. i think thats all i guess. oh...ill deep condition once a week.

Washing hair once a week.....deep conditioning every two weeks. Keeping it twisted up with a light daily leave-in and a little cream on the ends to keep them moist and wearing it up in a twisted bun during the work week and a twist-out fro on the weekends..that's it.

For the summertime I plan on wearing my hair in ponytails, french rolls, braidouts, and bantu knots, caruso curls etc. I really need to perfect the wash n go look on my relaxed hair when I have time.;)

I will CO wash my hair 3 times a week (Im gonna be working out) and deep condition/light protien treatment on Saturdays.

I am still taking all of my vitamins on a regular basis and will continue to do so to maximize my growth.

Hope fully my hair will be past armpit length, thicker, and healthier by the end of the year!!:D

daily con washes with herbal essence replenish ( pink bottle) or NTM DDC
Deep con on weekends with UBH or Kenra
NTM silk touch leave in, TIGI after party and Kemi oyl
Thats what I am doing right now but I might switch it up a bit.

Well I plan to continue with the no heat challenge. Washing and deep conditioning every week. I might try hot oil treatments. I will continue to use carrot creme because it has helped with the dryness. I'm going to take my vitamins religiously, start exercising, and try to eat more fish (protein and fatty acids). Oh and drink more water.

my "i want more hair" regimen consists of me doing my own extensions within the next couple of weeks....washing with diluted shampoo every three weeks....diluted coWashes every few days....sulfur 8 spray and parnevu t-tree scalp oil....

i just have to figure out how i want to braid it....

sweetpeadst said:
SO!!!!!!!!:wacky:

I can't even front...I LOL on this right here...I could almost HEAR it....:lol:

I'm gonna keep doing what I've been doing....no real change up over the summer. Moisturize, watch ends and try and leave hair alone.

Now back to the thread...

I plan on wearing cornrows for the next 7 months (til Dec 05) each style for a month at a time. I am going to allow a 2 week break for my hair in between rebraiding so that I can deep condition. I will be washing my braids twice a week since I will be using WGO/Glover's/Sulfur 8 mix on my scalp every day.

Great thread! My regime for the summer is to actually take my vitamins, deep condition my hair with heat weekly, keep my hair in twists or buns 80% (wet sets, puffs, and straightened the remaining 20) and laying off the combing and brushing.

I plan to wash my hair more frequently and even try conditioner washing. That should aid in stimulating my scalp and maintaining moisture [which should help lead to growth]. I will continue with the other aspects of my "moisture intensive" regimen.

Good thread...was just thinking about it today.

I'm deciding to relax at 11 weeks so that I can continue with my no heat challenge, cuz otherwise I'd have to get a blow out for my sister's graduation, and I'm frankly VERY scared of getting damaged hair again after the excessive heat. Then I thought I'd wash my hair once a week and roller-set, but i'm going to be exercising a few times a week, so chances are, I will COwash twice a week, wash once+deep condition+light protein+rollerset, moisturize the heck out of my hair to keep it from drying out from the sun and sweat, take my vitamins, massage my scalp, and hope for a significant growth spurt.

hmmm.. . pretty much continue what I'm doing now... daily conditioner washes...shampoo when i remember... and maybe get cornrows off and on over the summer

monister

Umm..... I don't know. :ohwell: I would like to do con washes and wear twist outs and wash and gos, but I haven't perfected either of them. Oh well, I guess I'll keep practicing and wear buns and rollersets until I get them.

Allandra said:
Girl, you aint right. Now as pretty as your hair is and as well as it's doing, someone will be telling you the very same thing in the near future. ;)

Ahh thank you Allandra!! I didn't know you looked in my album!!!

asubeauty said:
Umm..... I don't know. :ohwell: I would like to do con washes and wear twist outs and wash and gos, but I haven't perfected either of them. Oh well, I guess I'll keep practicing and wear buns and rollersets until I get them.

Soror, check out my album for twistout pic that I have in April Album you can see how I twist them down! I also have recent pics of the outcome in May!!

HTH

sweetpeadst said:
Soror, check out my album for twistout pic that I have in April Album you can see how I twist them down! I also have recent pics of the outcome in May!!

HTH

.....Just shouting ya'll out "OO-OOP!" :-D

No Heat,scalp massages,protective styling maybe braids for a little while. I'll definately be doing more condition washes.

sweetpeadst said:

HTH

Thanks, Soror! Your twistout came out so cute!!! (You have really nice hair too!!) I'm going to try a twistout tonight and hope it turns out cute. :grin:

Back