My SO thinks my hair is a wig - Thanks Sareca

joemerald

Ok so as I said before I bought a half wig to help protect my hair for the cold and of course when I am too lazy to style, however, when I am freshly washed with nice shiny curls and all I always wear my hair out for a couple days (defeating the purpose but it looks so nice). For the last couple times, including this morning my husband asks, is that your hair or the wig. I am like duh it is my hair. Another time he was teasing me about my wig and it was my hair. All I can say is thanks Sareca, oil washes are the bomb. My hair is soft and shiny and very healthy. I am 8 weeks post and ng is still soft. Don't think I have to relax for another 5 weeks.

Jo.

I'm very happy for you. :hug2:

My hubby jokingly says "You need to take that wig off," whenever my hair is super shiny. :) If you haven't tried mixing in a little castor oil ... start today. :)

Last edited:
I'm very happy for you. :hug2:

My hubby jokingly says "You need to take the wig off," whenever my hair is super shiny. :) If you haven't tried mixing in a little castor oil ... start today. :)

Sareca, you know when you speak, girl, all ears perk up! So when you suggest adding castor oil, is that to the rinse or the ends afterwards as a sealant? Or both?
TIA

Sareca, you know when you speak, girl, all ears perk up! So when you suggest adding castor oil, is that to the rinse or the ends afterwards as a sealant? Or both?
TIA

I stole this one from a couple ladies... They kept telling me to oil rinse with castor and I stalled. I wish I hadn't! I don't use straight castor oil because I find it less moisturizing than other oils. So mix half castor oil, half <whatever I'm feelin' at the time>. It's amazing. It's so good, I've been reformulating my red palm cream (now called red palm butter... don't ask) to include castor. :yep:

Last edited:
I am going to try this. I am natural and I have noticed that the oil rinses are really leaving my hair moist for a while. And with the cold weather coming in I am stretching my washes, yet my hair is staying soft.

Castor oil is the bomb, when taken in small doses, for me. I put it in my DTs all the time. :yep:

I have to admit, I'm a fan, but I can't see your Fotki...I typed in the specified password, but no trabaja do you have another one perhaps?

Aww, thanks. I'm just sharing the few things that work for me.

http://fotki.com/serica pw sareca I haven't changed it. :nono: Someone once told me to close all open browsers and restart when I can't get someone's pw to work. It works ... sometimes...

Last edited:
Back