My sister in India,what should I ask for?

MsKibibi

My sister went to India for 2 weeks with her boyfriend's family. I asked her to find out what they use on their hair and so far all she learned was Herbal Essences and Pantene LOL. I told her to keep asking.

So far my wish list is tea (to drink not for my hair) and mustard oil (after that thread yesterday about it warming/tingling the scalp).

Any other suggestions? I already have enough coconut oil to last me the rest of the year and henna gave me a major setback, so I don't need either of those.

Thanks ladies.

i seen your you tube videeo, i love the blunt ends tooo... sorry no info about what to get from india...you have pretty hair!

i seen your you tube videeo, i love the blunt ends tooo... sorry no info about what to get from india...you have pretty hair!

lol thanks for replying anyway. She will be there for the next 2 weeks, so if you come up with anything please come back and post.

I spent some time there there and loved their face stuff. Its pretty cheap but feels AMAZING, I wish our cheapo drugstore brands felt as awesome on my skin. Theres two brands I like. Jovees and biotique. But i dont know what your skin needs are so I can't recommend specific products.

I also loved the Darbur Vatika Coconut Oil-- the one without mineral oil, but you said you have a ton of that already.... I loved it bc it was mixed with neem and amla etc. smelled amazing.

Love love love Indian products. Came home with a whole suitcase full :)

ETA:

The teas are amazing, and have her bring back some spices as well. We are big hot pepper fans in my fam, so chili peppers and spices were also in the giant suitcase of purchases.

Silk products too.

ooooo their oils... I would love to get amla and vatika there or to just sit with a older female and ask her what she uses in her hair bath.. I dunno that would be interesting...

:giggle: Shoot... I wasn't even thinking about hair products. Before I read your post, I was saying fabric. They have the most amazing fabric ever. OP, your hair is gorgeous! I'm sorry I don't know much about their hair products.

GIFSoup

Yeah...I was gonna say fabrics

1. Sarongs
2. Scarves
3. Jewelry
4. An outfit..these can get pricey!

5. Tea, tea, tea
6. Oils, Oils, Oils!
7. Sweets if she can get some.
8. SPICES...curry...and other seasonings!

Last edited:
Back