My Silk Scarf Will Not Stay On!!! Help!!!

wyldcurlz

i'm thinking i'm tying it tight but for some reason my silk scarf will not stay on my head. i wake up with my hair half out and all over the place.

what am i doing wrong?? can someone clue me in. can you give me some tips? i don't know what i'm doing wrong...and i'm irritated.

could my scarf be too big? please, help!!

i'm thinking i'm tying it tight but for some reason my silk scarf will not stay on my head. i wake up with my hair half out and all over the place.

what am i doing wrong?? can someone clue me in. can you give me some tips? i don't know what i'm doing wrong...and i'm irritated.

could my scarf be too big? please, help!!

I have a slik scarf and silk cap and a silk slip pillow that I use at night. I am a rough sleeper.

Try some or all of the above. I got the silk pillow cases from Sally's I think for 10.00 a piece. They had white, cream and black colors.

I just put a bonnet over my scarf. I pull the scarf down past the hairline, like near my brows. then I put my bonnet (with the elastic band) on right at the edge of the scarf. I find that it works better with the square cut scarves and not the long cut (?) ones..

Last edited:
I used to have this problem, but I just started using this mesh wrap strip that i bought from the BSS. I put it on top of my silk scarf and now it stays in place all night. Also tying it Aunt Jemima style with the knot in the front seems to help a little too

I gave up. I purchased some high quality silk from a fabric store and made a few king pillowcases. The silk was $37.00 a yard and it took a yard for each king pillowcase.

don't tie it too tight otherwise you will get headaches (I did). I put another headscarf on top of my silk one. It works.

I gave up. I purchased some high quality silk from a fabric store and made a few king pillowcases. The silk was $37.00 a yard and it took a yard for each king pillowcase.

and what do you to do with your hair? braid it? bun it? i might just go this route. i spent a lot on a nice big silk scarf, but its sooo slippery and my recently styled hair was a mess when i woke up at 4am and discovered that my scarf had slipped off my head. :)

For me, whether my scarf stays on depends on the hairstyle. It typically falls off when I straigthen my hair. First, you need the perfect size scarf. I own like 7 silk scarves and only one is the perfect scarf-not too big and not too small. If it is too small, I can't tie it around my hair. If it is too big, it does not fit my head properly and allows more room for slippage. You may be able to find one at your local BSS, but they are hard to come by. It should be in between the size of those small cloth bandanas people wear when cleaning and the size of muslim scarves.

The other thing you can do is place a satin bonnet on top of the scarf. This has helped me greatly. Make sure you get the no slip bonnets. They sell them at stores like Shop-Rite, Rite-Aid, etc.

Some people will use asatin pillow instead of a scarf, but I think my face would break out from that. I rather have my hair contained inside my scarf. It also maintains my do:drunk:

Back