My sides are driving me Nuts!!

larry3344

I have posted several threads on my dryness issues I am still working on that (it has gotten a lot better). Now it is expected that when hair curls or coils that your hair is moisturized this is quite the oposite for me I have noticed recently that my hair coils all over the place and curls at the back but they dry up and become really hard. At the beginning I thought my hair was dreading but now I make sure to wet my hair (cowash) daily so it can't be product buil-up could it?
My second problem are my sides, no matter what I do they are always so dry and strawy feeling and they are not as thick as the rest of my head for those that experience any of the above and have fixed the problem please help!!

P.S: As for my hair I still feel like I am a 4b becasue of how prone it is to dryness, with maybe a bit of 4a. I will post pictures later

Last edited:
Maybe co-washing is drying your hair out. Maybe you are not using a moisturising enough conditioner. Or maybe it has too much protein that can lead to dryness

Hi larry,
try doing an overnight hot oil treatment with moisturising and replenishing oils.
Try maybe olive mixed with coconut and vitamin e oil. Maybe add Castor oil too.
Also, maybe your water is hard so you shouldn't wet hair so often and invest in a water filter/softener

I am texlaxed but have really really really dry hair. The things that have help me is to deep condition my hair at least once a week(twice when I am not lazy) and I mositurize my hair every morning and every night. I use Scurl because it is water based and it helps keeps my hair from drying out. Also try bagging your hair every night too. This helps to lock in the moisture and keeps the hair moist. I hope this helps.

Back