My Scalp Update --Help is on the way

Selene

Talked to my stylist today, I got my hair washed, styled, and got an amazing scalp treatment. My stylist said that she thought that my scalp was probably too sensitive for the relaxer. She said her aunt has the same issue and it just came to a point where she had to let the chemicals go. We came up with a plan to grow it out, she's going to do various wetsets, rollersets, and other styles to ease my transition. She said if I had too much trouble with the textures, I could even do some weave (she does several different methods of weaving). I am glad I discussed this with you ladies and glad I got continued discussing this today with my stylist. My stylist has natural hair, her hair was relaxed up until a couple of years ago. She is adept at styling natural hair, which is a plus. I guess I will be back on this section of the board peeping out albums, I know Ayeshia (and thanks for that link you sent me) has a great one, Pookeylou, who else?

Last edited:
Kool. I'm also giving up relaxing but because my hair doesn't respond to them as well and other reasons. I went to the salon yesterday to a new person and she had to give me a scalp treatment as well, it was very cool and tingley.
laugh.gif
Anyway, I'm very exciting about the process and have jump-started it with a new cut.
laugh.gif
We'll be perm-free in no time.
smile.gif

Kool.
smile.gif
I just read your other thread and I can TOTALLY relate to the scalp situation, and yes, I get it on my face too.
barf.gif
But whatever she put on my head yesterday burned the scaling off my headline and now it's totally gone.
shocked.gif

Hi Blaxalrose,
I'm glad that you've figured out a plan along with a supportive stylist. I'm also excited for you and Karonica. Isn't it great when you find that special "one" = (hair buddy) and you have soooo much in common? I wish you and Karonica the best.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Hiya Blaxalrose,

Just getting a chance to read this and your other post-I thought that I was the only one who had this problem with the chemicals
shocked.gif
. What happened to you the exact same thing happened to me
frown.gif
. I decided to transition b/c of this
smile.gif
. I wish you well in your journey
smile.gif
! I am still looking for a way to help with my condition(follucitis) while I transition but the search has not dampened my desire to go natural just another bump in the road
smile.gif
I wish you HHG and great success in your new job/surroundings
smile.gif
grin.gif
!!

Warmest regards

My last relaxer was May 7, and since I have shorter hair now, it's gonna be pretty easy to get rid of the permed hair now with monthly trims or every other month trims.
smile.gif

I was planning on mainly wearing weaves (instant ones and sew-ins) along with phony ponies, but since the hair is short, no ponies.
frown.gif
Also, I've found a stylist that I really like and am comfortable with (not to mention it's not expensive) so I'll be going to the salon at least once a month, so I'm probably get flexi-set styles there (cuz that hot curling iron scared the CRAP out of me Friday, never again!
laugh.gif
)and between salon visits, I'll maybe blowdry and flatiron on my own, or just wear my instant weaves.
smile.gif

I'm glad you found a solution to your dilemma.

Here is another site for you done in the form of an essay: hairfoodforthought.com

Back