My Scalp is in Pain!!! *cry* *sniff*

JeterCrazed

I don't know why my scalp is so sore. It feels like someone had been pulling my hair out by the fist fulls. This is the kicker, tho. No breakage, no hair fall. I have two pimples and I dunno why this is happening allofasudden. I massaged it, brushed it...it felt good for a few min, but then it just went back to being sore. My roots are thick, so I don't want to wash right now.
What could it be? How do I get relief? :nervous2: :cry:

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

You don't have any idea what could be causing this? Do you have braids in? Is the pain sudden? Are you using any topical treatments? If my scalp started hurting straight out of the blue, I'd be in the hospital.

No braids. No topical treatments. I shampoo. I DCed. Leave-in...
Flat ironed yesterday. That's it. :(

*runs to the medicine cabinet for tea tree oil* Rosemary didn't help. Lemme try this. *dousing*

my scalp is hurting as well, i noticed it earlier this afternoon. my hair is loose so no tight styles or anything. but it happens to me sometimes. I think its normal though, i'm not in any actual pain. is it just sore or are you in pain OP?

JeterCrazed this makes no sense. What did you do immediately before it started hurting? Did you eat/drink something you might be allergic to? Touch something then run your fingers through your hair? Trying different remedies w/o knowing what exactly is going on may do more harm than good. Like if you have cuts, from scratching or whatever, tea tree oil will burn like crazy. Go to the doctor or ER. Have you changed your products? What are you still doing sitting here reading this? Go to hospital. :whyme:

Have you recently used any new products? If so, it could be irritating your scalp and you may need to wash it out.

I remember my scalp being sore from what I considered a growth spurt. Sometimes it would get sore right around the time for my next relaxer when I was doing those. Eventually it would go away. I don't remember it lasting several hours tho.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

You mentioned that you also have had 2 pimples pop up on your face......could this just be something to do with your menstral cycle?

Chile your hair is in an aggressive growth spurt. It does hurt. Not really hurt but is annoyingly sensitive. Just massage your scalp and aplly an oil and wait it out. I am going through the same thing right now.

relaxer burn, sore?

too tight braids sore?

sun burn, sore

scale of 1-10 how bad is the pain

No
No
No

About a 5 this morning. Was a 6 last night.

ETA: Well, I never had sunburn. I can't say no accurately. It feels like when I was a kid and my mother just did my hair, sore. I think everyone who could relate would agree that that would be in the 5-6 range.

Have you recently used any new products? If so, it could be irritating your scalp and you may need to wash it out.

I remember my scalp being sore from what I considered a growth spurt. Sometimes it would get sore right around the time for my next relaxer when I was doing those. Eventually it would go away. I don't remember it lasting several hours tho.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

New leave-in yes.
And I am having a growth spurt. That was my 1st thread. Maybe I need to just wash it. I get scalp pain but never this long either.

I went to a salon like 7 years ago and the lady gave me a scalp mask that was sort of like bengay. It was ice blue and came in a white jar. Wish I knew what it was.

You mentioned that you also have had 2 pimples pop up on your face......could this just be something to do with your menstral cycle?

I didn't say I had two pimples pop on my face. I have pimples on my scalp. *rub*

I hope everything gets better for you! Mine has been feeling the same way. It literally feels like I just got out of a fight with someone that pulled my hair really hard. I'm scheduled to go and see an endocrinologist for the first time on next week. I'm assuming that all of this may have something to do with my thyroid. :(

I hope everything gets better for you! Mine has been feeling the same way. It literally feels like I just got out of a fight with someone that pulled my hair really hard. I'm scheduled to go and see an endocrinologist for the first time on next week. I'm assuming that all of this may have something to do with my thyroid. :(

I'm glad somebody said it. I'm trying less and less to sound like the angry black girl in front of others, but I realize this is a forum for women of color, so no one will probably take it the wrong way. And all of you have nice hair I'm sure that's the first thing they grab LOL

That's exactly how it feels. But everything I search talks about hair loss and I dropped at most 5 hairs since the pain.

:perplexed well you said you had two pimples, you didn't say where....and i was only trying to help.

You did help! It's about to be that time, so I'm gonna up the caffeine for a while cuz this month might be a bad one if I'm getting pimples on my scalp.

Thanks so much to everybody. All your advice helped. I washed in and with my pores open, the tea tree oil felt twice as good. I used the shower head massager with a shower cap on and used a protein conditioner as per smilingelephant's advice. I just finished a knock-off of Sylver2's scarf method and I'm 90 percent better.

Thank everybody so much. I couldn't bare the thought of sitting in the ER only to be sent home with an aspirin, but it would have been the last resort.

Thanks again, everybody!

@JeterCrazed this makes no sense. What did you do immediately before it started hurting? Did you eat/drink something you might be allergic to? Touch something then run your fingers through your hair? Trying different remedies w/o knowing what exactly is going on may do more harm than good. Like if you have cuts, from scratching or whatever, tea tree oil will burn like crazy. Go to the doctor or ER. Have you changed your products? What are you still doing sitting here reading this? Go to hospital. :whyme:

I was sitting down watching movies and the 7th Season of House.
I didn't eat anything I've never eaten before.
Touching something, then running my hands through my hair..... uhhh...:ohwell: I can't recall.
The only thing I used was Chi Leave-in Mask, but I use all their products and I didn't even put it on my scalp. I went to Fashion Night Out in the city the day before. Maybe something on the subway? I dunno...
I don't have health insurance like that. Sometimes, I have to pay out of pocket and the call insurance and make a claim... :office:I'm a grad student. I need all my pennies. NOT that it's not important, but what are they gonna give me? Tylenol? Shampoo?:sad:
I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, though. She looked at my wack patch on Thursday and I'm having blood analysis done.

If it's sore around the area with the pimples then no need to worry. The pain will subside in a day or so. Put witch hazel on the area around the pimples and try to keep it oil free in that area. This used to happen to me all the time when i was younger and greased my scalp. Now that I refrain from putting anything on my scalp that could clog the pores I no longer have the problem. Once the pimple goes away the pain will go away as well. HTH.

Chile your hair is in an aggressive growth spurt. It does hurt. Not really hurt but is annoyingly sensitive. Just massage your scalp and aplly an oil and wait it out. I am going through the same thing right now.

YEP THATS WHAT IT IS !!!!!! AGGRESSIVE HAIR GROWTH SPURT !!! IM GOING THRU THE EXACT SAME THING :yep: ..........MY SCALP IS SO SORE I HAD TO GET IN THE SHOWER AND LET VERY WARM WATER RUN OVER MY SCALP......AND THAT RELIEVE IT !!!!! ITS STILL SORE, BUT NOT AS BAD
U MIGHT WANT TO TRY IT.

YEP THATS WHAT IT IS !!!!!! AGGRESSIVE HAIR GROWTH SPURT !!! IM GOING THRU THE EXACT SAME THING :yep: ..........MY SCALP IS SO SORE I HAD TO GET IN THE SHOWER AND LET VERY WARM WATER RUN OVER MY SCALP......AND THAT RELIEVE IT !!!!! ITS STILL SORE, BUT NOT AS BAD
U MIGHT WANT TO TRY IT.

I did that after a peppermint, rosemary, sulfur, aloe mask thingy I conjured up. Thanks!!
I'm sure this won't be the last time, so I'm taking notes from everybody. Keep em comin'.:heart:

Back