My scalp is hurting really bad..what 2 do

Ayeshia

I tried to detangle my hair a few hours ago and my scalp is sooooooo tender it hurts
frown.gif
. I cant even part my hair in sections with out it feeling like someone is trying to pull my hair out strand by strand. Any thing to soothe...or do you think tylenol will help for a sore scalp? Please help
frown.gif

As a matter of fact what the hell causes this?
mad.gif
Its not even that time of the month
ohwell.gif

Ouch!

You said you were detangling your hair... did you just wash it or something, or were you taking down braids? Hope you feel better though
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
is your hair a wiry texture?

[/ QUOTE ]

wiry? how would you describe that? Im not sure if I am. It is very curly and draws up to my scalp though

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:
Ouch!

You said you were detangling your hair... did you just wash it or something, or were you taking down braids? Hope you feel better though
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

actually Im trying to detangle it before I wash it, becuz if i dont.... well im going to be in sheer hell. I sprayed it with water before I tryed to comb it though but it hurts. I give up
ohwell.gif

lol, I feel you girl. Do you have some Infusium? And maybe a thick oil to rub over it? How about wetting your hair a little and rubbing in conditioner?

On the bright side, it could be that your hair has grown so much that your current comb is no longer useful
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
I tried to detangle my hair a few hours ago and my scalp is sooooooo tender it hurts
frown.gif
. I cant even part my hair in sections with out it feeling like someone is trying to pull my hair out strand by strand. Any thing to soothe...or do you think tylenol will help for a sore scalp? Please help
frown.gif

mad.gif
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My scalp hurts too, real bad after detangling. I don't know what the deal is. I love my hair, but I hate wash time
smirk.gif

ayeshia - could it be that it hurts b/c you don't comb it a lot? I know you say you mostly finger comb. Maybe your scalp has grown used to not being combed so it's now ultra-sensitive. Just a thought.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
frown.gif
frown.gif

mad.gif
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Whenever my scalp is this sore Ayeshia, it's because of growth spurts. It happens periodically. Do you think you are having some major growth spurts right now?

I would just leave it alone for now. Maybe a very gentle massage, and an advil if you develop a headache.

When you're ready to try detangling again, I suggest putting some conditioner on, dry, to help with the sectioning.

HTH
smile.gif

I'd take a pain killer. This may not be the case for you but I found that once I stopped relaxing my hair follicles became very sensitive. I think it has something to do with them being rejuvinated and growing back to full health. I only relaxed 3 or 4 times a year previously but I have no doubt that I did have some follicle damage.

Hope that pain stops for you but it sounds like your follicles are healing and growing new hair with a quickness.

This happens to me every month around menstration time. I get sore spots in my scalp. I also think you are having growth spurts.

Back