my scalp is burning me you'll . .help!!

cutenaynay

Yes I took out my braids last weekend, then I wash it ; and I co wash my hair on thrusday. I just got a touch up after months and months and my scalp was on fire like literally it wasfby even in for that long. I use dark and lovely kiddie no lye perm I always use that and it never burned me before!! I'm underneath the dryer now and my scalp still feel sore! I think its because I co wash but how long I'm I suppose to wait after I co wash?and what should I do to ease the soreness?

Last edited:
waddup CNN:grin:...girl,now u know you should have waited atleast 2wks b4 relaxing:rolleyes:...your scalp just went thru' trauma (manipulation) with the braids...then the cowash...then relaxer:blush:....use Roux Porosity Control shampoo & conditioner,that should restore the ph balance back to your scalp:yep: HTH:grin:

waddup CNN:grin:...girl,now u know you should have waited atleast 2wks b4 relaxing:rolleyes:...your scalp just went thru' trauma (manipulation) with the braids...then the cowash...then relaxer:blush:....use Roux Porosity Control shampoo & conditioner,that should restore the ph balance back to your scalp:yep: HTH:grin:

Lol lol lol lol what's up patience but yes I know I should of waited but I had to do it cause I'm gonna be in a hair show I didn't want to flat iron it or blow dry it straight that will be too much heat for me maybe I should of taking out the braids earlier . But thanks I will take your advice and see how it works out .

Yes I took out my braids last weekend, then I wash it ; and I co wash my hair on thrusday. I just got a touch up after months and months and my scalp was on fire like literally it wasfby even in for that long. I use dark and lovely kiddie no lye perm I always use that and it never burned me before!! I'm underneath the dryer now and my scalp still feel sore! I think its because I co wash but how long I'm I suppose to wait after I co wash?and what should I do to ease the soreness?

If it still stings or burns, I would suggest using some aloe vera gel on your scalp and also you could place a spray bottle of water in the frig to spray on your scalp too. Hope it feels better...

I believe you have to wait at least 3 days in between the wash and the relaxer. Also, it would help if you base your scalp.

ITA with mmpolk01. Also, I normally base my scalp really well the night before my relaxer with Vaseline petroleum jelly even though my stylist do it again the day of. I do this just to make sure I avoid getting any burns and this works for me. My last wash is usually 4 days before my relaxer and I usually use a clarifying poo for my last wash.

Also make sure to wash with a neutralizing poo sometime in the next week to make sure there are no traces of relaxer left in there

Lol lol lol lol what's up patience but yes I know I should of waited but I had to do it cause I'm gonna be in a hair show I didn't want to flat iron it or blow dry it straight that will be too much heat for me maybe I should of taking out the braids earlier . But thanks I will take your advice and see how it works out .

ok...now I understand..my sis does these as well,so I know the preparation involved:yep:..try putting emu oil on your scalp as wee,will help it heal faster:yep:

If it still stings or burns, I would suggest using some aloe vera gel on your scalp and also you could place a spray bottle of water in the frig to spray on your scalp too. Hope it feels better...

Awww! Thank you Christa I never thought about aloe vera gel! But I put some bt on it and it feels a lil better

Thanks aggie! This is totally OT but I see your from the Bahamas I went on a vacation there its so beautiful and I love the people, your so lucky that you live there I can't wait to go back!

Thanks cutenaynay, and you're right, I am lucky to be living here in the Bahamas. We're a very laid-back people and very happy:grin: 99% of the time.

u can also get it from any healthfood store in Bk...also vitamin shoppe sells it,great oil,trust! It has penetrative properties like no other:yep:...PM me I will tell u how it worked 4 me:look:

AWW no fair Patiencevirtue. We wanna know how it worked for you too:look:.

Thanks cutenaynay, and you're right, I am lucky to be living here in the Bahamas. We're a very laid-back people and very happy:grin: 99% of the time.

I know I was at peace there, when I came back to NY I'm like here we go with the negativity!!lol lol lol nah but I love NY just need a break from time to time

Back