My Scalp Is A Mess!!!!!

pbuckley

I went to a dominican salon a couple of weeks ago. I have no clue what shampoo they used but my scalp has not been the same. I have sores - like chemical burn sores - on my scalp. I have scabs! My scalp itches. I am offically 11 weeks post relaxer and scheduled to touchup next week. But I can't cause my scalp itches and I have been scratching it like a nut, not to mention it is irrated. I have tried doing a conditioner wash with Black strip molasses, and I let it sit for a while. But my scalp still itches and I still have sores. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Oh Yeah and I have dry patches!

No I don't think its from the blow dryer because my scalp was fine until like day 5 of the hair style. I knew it was time to wash because my scalp was pealing and I was digging in it because it was itching so bad. I also failed to mention that I did do a acv treatment that week and did a conditioner wash with a elasta qp protein conditioner, I used biolage hydrating balm to conclude my wash. This past thursday night I did a conditioner wash just with the biolage hydrating balm because my hair had caked up with scaps again. I have been oiling my scalp but nothing is helping.

Well i know u may not want to...but you probably should consider doing a clarifying shampoo. sometimes ACVs or any other method is not strong enough. also u probably should call the salon and ask what products do they use. Being that u are 11 weeks, i am wondering if they used some kind of relaxer stretch creme or shampoo. like the blow-out cream that is supposed to somewhat straighten your newgrowth until your next touch-up. Some of these products are basically watered-down relaxers. man, that is so scary, sorry that happened to you....

Allandra said:
I wonder if you suffered from some sort of allergic reaction to a product they used.

I was thinking the same thing. I would suggest taking benadryl for a couple of days and drinking lots of water. Also, try Sea Breeze for sensitive skin on your scalp. Follow up with Aloe Vera Gel (Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% gel is very soothing.) I use S-Curl a lot. My hair loves it but my scalp does not, particularly my nape area. I recently had a reaction and at first pulled out an old prescription that I had used in the past. I think I had a couple of small scabs, mostly I was itchy and the skin was raised and red. Then for some reason I decided to switch over and try the sea breeze and aloe vera gel. I did this morning and night for about a week, but in just about two or three days it was healed and not itchy at all. Good luck.

Back