My scalp is a little tweakish

Tracy

Any recs for a good shampoo to soothe the skin on the scalp? It's just irritated and a little itchy, like how your skin might feel if you use makeup or skin cream that's a little much for your skin...

I'm pretty sure it was sleeping in the Joico conditoner that did it...but I need to know if there are any "calming" shampoos or sensitive skin type shampoos that target the skin.

I don't have dandruff...

Keracare dry&itchy scalp moisturizing poo...I've use it and it worked for me.....

Add a few drops of peppermint oil to some distilled water and spray it on your scalp a few minutes before using your regular shampoo.
smile.gif

I posted about this a while back Tracy because I had the same problem when the weather turned cold. I suffer from ezcema and dry skin...anyhoo, I recall someone recommending poos w/ tee tree oil...I think Parnevu makes one. I never actually tried it because it went away after a couple of hot oil treatments. Good luck.

i used the fantasia tea tree intensive conditioner that peachtree recommended. it contains peppermint oil and its very refreshing to the scalp.

tracy how do you like the joico conditioner?? you're talking about joico intense moisturizer conditioner right?? if so, how would you compare it to your other conditioner??

I got a full sized bottle of this from the company yesterday bree....I cant wait to use it...yeah Tracy...review please!

Mmmm....I dunno yet about the Joico. But I can't give a fair review right now with the tweakish scalp. I'll review it when I use it normally.
laugh.gif
My scalp rarely likes when I sleep in cond. so I should have known better.
smirk.gif

I was too focused on my itchy scalp to weigh in on anything else.

Thanks to all....I'm going to try the Keracare I think...or something (a shampoo) with Tea Tree...that always did soothe irritated skin on me. Peppermint irritates me more tho.
ohwell.gif

Thanks guys....

P.S. - Ok I could be late, but I NEED EVERYONE TO WEIGH IN ON CCD'S PICS IN HER LATEST ALBUM!!! GIRL! YOU'RE HAIR IS MOVING THE CROWD! ANd I think we might be hair twins...
wink.gif

Re: TRACY!!!!My scalp is a little tweakish

ahhhhhh...Tracy!!!! SOOOOO SORRY I'm late on this post...I'm a bit of a posting "bandit" I post then I'm out * (so sorry)
That is such a complement coming from you!!! I love your hair and advice so I'm really trying to maintain the health of my hair....reading posts on conditioning color treated hair!!!!
thank you, thankyou thank you!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
Keracare dry&itchy scalp moisturizing poo...I've use it and it worked for me.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm late--but I keep this stuff on hand for when my scalp needs some calming down
up.gif

I use a tea tree oil product on my hair. You can also add a 1/2 teaspoon of tea tree oil to your shampoo(mix it fresh for each application). It will really sootheyour scalp.

Back