My salon visit was the BOMB!!!!!!

Titansgirl

I am so happy w/ how my salon visit went yesterday. I was really nervous about getting my hair relaxed again. My last relaxer in Jan. went well, but I wasn't completely happy w/ my salon visit. I went to a different salon, and I'm happy that I did!!!
smile.gif
I'm also happy w/ the relaxer that was used. My last relaxer I had was Affirm Mild Lye relaxer. The relaxer that was used yesterday was Affirm Fiberguard Mild relaxer. I love it!!! There were so many precaution steps that were taken when using this relaxer
smile.gif
Normally my hair is very straight and not bouncy right after I get my relaxer, but not w/ this one. Even this morning my hair is still bouncy and "may I say" gorgeous w/o being too modest
grin.gif
I'm very pleased...
The hairdresser....
She stated to me one time when I was calling around for hairdressers back in January, that she believed in hair health. So, I decided to give her a try... I'm glad I did. I made sure that I stated to her that hair health is the reason why I made an appointment w/ her(this way she's know that I'm serious about my hair
blush.gif
(I slid this comment in there before she started working on my hair
grin.gif
) I also mentioned that the last hair dresser cut my hair instead of trimming. She stated that she trims instead of cut. She ended up trimming about 1/2" of my ends. She stated that they looked pretty good. She stated that wearing my hair in a protective style is what's keeping my ends from splitting(which we all know)..

I guess everyone can tell that I'm really happy w/ my results. This hair stylist will be my permanent stylist.

Thanks ladies for equipping me w/ the right comments and questions to present to the hair stylist....
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I use Affirm Fiberguard too and love it. My hair loves it too.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly does the fiberguard do?

Hi Pumpkin,

I'm located in Nashville, Tn. The stylist name is Paula and she is the owner of Perfect Blend Hair Salon. While I was in there the gospel singer Angie Wayans was in there getting here hair done by the same stylist that did my hair. That was kinda impressive
smile.gif

CaramelHonee,

The difference that I notice between the Regular Affirm and the Affirm Fiberguard is that there are extra steps taken to protect your hair. The steps w/ the Affirm consisted of basing the scalp, putting the relaxer on the new growth, washing, recontructor... The steps for the Fiberguard were basing, another solution went on my new growth, then another product went on my already relaxed hair, then I had to sit for a few minutes w/ those product on my hair before she started the relaxer, then she rinse the relaxer and applied the recontructor and put me under the dryer for a few minutes, then she shampooed my hair and put another conditioner in my hair, and then finally rinsed.... She stated that the Fiberguard cost more than the regular Affirm because there are several more steps to take. I like the way my hair feels and looks compare to when I got my last relaxer w/ regular Affirm.
smile.gif

Pandora, the affirm fiberguard is a lye relaxer. I'm not sure if it comes in lo-lye? I know she used the mild relaxer on my head....

I used to go to Paula. She is very good at what she does. The only thing that I didn't like was that I paid 80$ for a relaxer and that my appt was at 10 am and I didn't leave until 430 pm. That is entirely tooooooo long to be in a hair salon

I am in Nashville and don't know what to do with my hair anymore. I have heard of Perfect Blend and I know someone who goes there, but I am not sure if Paula does her hair. What are their prices like? Are there any other stylists there you recommend?

Back