My right temple is soo sensitive, and . . .

anon123

I'm losing my hair there. :sad: I've been noticing it over the last half a year or so. I know it's not styling. I wore a puff for the majority of 11 years and never had a problem, whereas now I hardly ever wear one and I'm experiencing the problem. Besides, my puffs were never tight. I noticed it especially when I took a set of box braids down. Each braid had some shed hair in it, but the ones I made in that area, sooo much hair came out. Someone gave me some shea based herbal product and suggested massaging my temples every night (its happening a little bit on the left side, too), and I have been. But it's soo sensitive in that spot, especially the right side. It hurts to even rub the hair in the wrong direction (against the grain) when I try to rub the skin in that area in circles. What's going on? I'm wondering if I should see a doctor about it.

I have ALWAYS had a more sensitive spot than the other. My right side is thinning so bad. Every time I went natural, the spot would grow in and thicken up. I would also like know what to do. I am very close to seeing a doctor,as well.:ohwell:

I'm losing my hair there. :sad: I've been noticing it over the last half a year or so. I know it's not styling. I wore a puff for the majority of 11 years and never had a problem, whereas now I hardly ever wear one and I'm experiencing the problem. Besides, my puffs were never tight. I noticed it especially when I took a set of box braids down. Each braid had some shed hair in it, but the ones I made in that area, sooo much hair came out. Someone gave me some shea based herbal product and suggested massaging my temples every night (its happening a little bit on the left side, too), and I have been. But it's soo sensitive in that spot, especially the right side. It hurts to even rub the hair in the wrong direction (against the grain) when I try to rub the skin in that area in circles. What's going on? I'm wondering if I should see a doctor about it.

If it hurts and is sore then I don't think it would hurt to see a doctor, the doctor can only help you perhaps to find out what is really going on.

Seeing a doctor is not a bad idea. Your scalp usually lets you know when your hair follicles aren't happy campers. Either you get itches or soreness. The natural response for most people is to treat the area with child gloves and not touch it at all, but I suggest you massage it even more while you await diagnosis. Massaging will help bring blood and nourishment to the follicles in that area so that they're not starved. Keeping the scalp supple is also a good way to fight balding. But yes, see a doctor to find out what might be going on. Also try eating right, avoiding anything that might be harmful to your body. I've recently developed an interest in learning about alkaline-inducing foods and think that they just might be one thing that could solve a lot of health problems. http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

If it hurts and is sore then I don't think it would hurt to see a doctor, the doctor can only help you perhaps to find out what is really going on.

You're right, I just made an appt. I don't know why I am always so hesitant to go to the doctor. I pay all this money for health insurance, I should use it!

eta: Nonie, I just took a quick glance at your link. Those proportions sound right. I do need to eat more fruits and vegetables. I like vegetables, I just hate cooking. :) So I eat out too often. I'll work on doing better. I hope those chile spiced mango slices from Trader Joe's count, cuz I love those things!

Last edited:
I hope those chile spiced mango slices from Trader Joe's count, cuz I love those things!

This is OT, but Trader Joe's sells chili-spiced mango slices? I haven't had that snack since I was knee-high and didn't even know anyone around these sides of the pond knew of that delicacy. Whenever I mention it to folks, I get that :perplexed:look::spinning: look. I must find myself a Trader Joe's. I could kill for that right now!

Back