My Regime: Does this sound like a good idea?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
1. Conditioner wash with Suave Humectant and deep condition once a week...
*I don't have a regular shampoo, don't want to use shampoo anymore*

2. Clarify with Suave clarifying shampoo and deep condition every 3-4 weeks...
*I also want to stop using clarifying shampoo...what can I use instead to clarify and where can I get it from?*

Styles: bun or rollerset

What do you think? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

mrslee said:
What are you doing for moisturizing and protein?

I only have LeKair Cholesterol Plus right now to use as a deep conditioner. I'm in the process of deciding what moisturizing conditioner to get for my hair.

I don't plan on using any type of protein treatment on my hair. When I do rollersets, I'll use my Motions Nourish leave-in which has keratin in it. I think that's sufficient enough.

When I wear a bun, the only products I'll use in my hair are Suave Humectant, S-Curl, and Citre Shine Gel (and maybe a little bit of oil).

Poohbear said:
I only have LeKair Cholesterol Plus right now to use as a deep conditioner. I'm in the process of deciding what moisturizing conditioner to get for my hair.

I have been applying castor oil to my hair and then add the Lekair Cholesterol on top of it. Hair comes out sooo soft and moisturized!

mrslee said:
Poohbear said:

I have been applying castor oil to my hair and then add the Lekair Cholesterol on top of it. Hair comes out sooo soft and moisturized!
Yeah, my Lekair cholesterol is mixed with Hot 6 Oil. After I run out of this stuff, I'm going to invest in a different conditioner. ;)

In the Curly Girl book, the author has a baking soda mix she uses for clarifying. 1 tablespoon baking soda mixed in 1 cup of warm water. Your supposed to spritz it on for a minute then rinse with cool water after conditioning but that didn't make sense to me so I did it before. My hair def. felt clarified...it was squeeky clean.

agree with the baking soda or apple cider vinegar for clarifying

suave humectant is a moisturizing conditioner...i say this in response to you asking what can you use for a moisturizing conditioner

if you are lookin for a light protien conditioner (maybe not and i sure dont want to throw u off) i use any that have soy milk in it...i dont do treatments so i have no ideas...

moisturizing...u have scurl now....if it ever turns on u...always look for products with the same ingredients that work for u...

I would think that conditioner washing everyday is moisturizing enough, isn't it?

It sounds good!

Pssst... you may want to try Hollywood beauty Olive cholestorol, I like lekair, but this is better.

For something other than a cholestorol, con nourishing conditioner is great.

mrslee said:
Poohbear said:

As a prepoo or as a deep conditioner??

Porsche19 said:
I would think that conditioner washing everyday is moisturizing enough, isn't it?

It sounds good!

Pssst... you may want to try Hollywood beauty Olive cholestorol, I like lekair, but this is better.

For something other than a cholestorol, con nourishing conditioner is great.
I've been thinking about getting that product after I use up LeKair. :yep:

Back