My Quickweave Monstrosity Tons of Pics

leona2025

Ok so I've learned my lesson. I don't think I will ever get a quickweave again, but if I do I will definitely have to see their work first. One of my male friends girlfriend said she could do my hair in the style I previously posted here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=483854&highlight=

We went to get the hair and everything we needed. When I originally talked to her she was very knowledgable and answered all my questions. However the end result was nothing like the pics. NOTHING. I had to go to work with this and this was suppose to be my bday hair style. Everyone at work was staring at me. One of my co works said girl I hope you didn't pay for that cause if you did you need to go get your money back.

The boyfriend of the girl started apologizing for the way my head looked. Anyway. I couldn't have my hair looking a mess for my party so I went to a stylist. I just saw a shop on the side of the road and went in figuring she couldn't make it worse. When I walked in the door the barber said, Da@# who F-ked up your head?

Anyway to make a long long long story short. She did a really good job with what she was working with. I think I've found a new afforable stylist that I can go to. She was very nice. I will see. The quick weave was sooooo hot. And I really struggled with taking it off. It was suppose to be glue to the cap and have a shower cap underneath so that no glue got on my hair, but the girl couldn't do it like that. I had the hardest time getting the glue out my hair and there is still some in there even though I used glue removing shampoo and clarified like 3 times.

I did find something new I liked in the BSS. All Ways Natural Moisturizing Conditioner. My hair air dried to soft.

These are the pics of the original quick weave:
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-16.jpg
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-15.jpg

These are pics of the style after being cut by someone else.
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-14.jpg
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-10.jpg
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-3.jpg

Hair when the braids came out. Could have been a nice braid out except for the glue:
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-2.jpg

We went to get the hair and everything we needed. When I originally talked to her she was very knowledgable and answered all my questions. However the end result was nothing like the pics. NOTHING. I had to go to work with this and this was suppose to be my bday hair style. Everyone at work was staring at me. One of my co works said girl I hope you didn't pay for that cause if you did you need to go get your money back.

The boyfriend of the girl started apologizing for the way my head looked. Anyway. I couldn't have my hair looking a mess for my party so I went to a stylist. I just saw a shop on the side of the road and went in figuring she couldn't make it worse. When I walked in the door the barber said, Da@# who F-ked up your head?

Sorry but:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm sorry you had to endure that. Next time you want to take your weave out an dyou have glue on your hair, use oil sheen and let it sit for a min then work it out. You can try to let the parts of your hair that have glue in it soak in oil and then after an hour or so try to gently work it out with a comb. it SHOULD slide right out. Olive oil or some type of oil will work as well.

the lady who cut it made it look WAAAAYYY better! she did a nice job! and your braidout looks amazing! i thought that was your natural ahir texture lol

It did look better after being styled. Not a total waste imo. And the end braidout looks really good.

Okay I'm just going to apologize now. The expression on your face with the original quick weave is priceless. LMAO You look like "Um um hell naw". The cut the second stylist gave you makes it look much better. :) Your braid out is beautiful.

I don't think the original quickweave looked that bad! See, back when I tried to put weave in my head, as a DIY project, it always looked WAY worse than that. WAY worse. :perplexed

Thank goodness I don't put any more weaves in my head lol

The new cut does look much better though. :up:

i dont think the original looked that bad, it just need a little extra styling... i think it came out nice tho... yea i have been experimenting with quick weaves, i love it so far..... i use 3 caps so no glue gets on my hair, and keep the style for 2-3 weeks, so by the time i want to get it off ... i add some olive oil and conditoner and it slides right off.... no glue in hair eitha.

The original weave didn't look bad, but it definitely wasn't what you asked for.
I'm glad the second stylist was able to hook it up for you.

I agree w/ the others who said the original didn't look bad but also you can't really tell is something is bad by pictures alone. Anyways the new cut looks better & the braidout look good also.

The second cut looked great. I hope you can get the glue out without taking too much hair with it.

Girl, if I had your hair, I wouldn't even think about a weave.:look: I'm glad you found a better stylist to fix it though.:yep:

Back