My Quick Weave

Smiley79

Since my whole "Transitioning Without BC'ing" journey...protective styling has been a big must for me. :grin: Here's a quick weave that I did a while back and wanted to share; it was my 1st time getting a quick weave. I used BSS hair called Sensual Collection (Mink Yaki) in the gold gack). Hope this helps for anyone interested in an inexepensive good quality weave for your next sew-in or install. Also, I do recommend the quick weave techinique because my hair was cornrowed beneath the cap which allowed it a couple of months of resting and no manipulation AND I didn't have to spend all the time associated with a sew-in. So, overall it's a nice option for protective styling and for transitioning heads like myself.

My sis has a quick weave in right now. She does them herself. She always wants to put one in for me, but I'm scurred. :lol: I don't want to get glue in my hair. I think sometimes it seeps through the cap. She said I could use 2 caps. I'm transitioning, so this would be good to give me a break from my hair. :yep:

Thanks Ashlee. I forgot to mention that the hair is straight hair and was cut into layers and curled. Real good quality. I put more details about it on my hair blog if needed:
http://www.hairwegrow-again.com/2009/12/weave-reviews-sensual-brand-minky-yaky.html

anytime girl!! I've actually been trying to figure out how to get that look. I have a full weave now but I would like to start wearing my hair out in the front. Every time I try to wear my hair out, it never looks as good as everyone else's, that's why I always choose to get a full weave.

anytime girl!! I've actually been trying to figure out how to get that look. I have a full weave now but I would like to start wearing my hair out in the front. Every time I try to wear my hair out, it never looks as good as everyone else's, that's why I always choose to get a full weave.

I hear you...I like leaving my hair out as well. For me, it gives a more natural look. I tried the full weave a long time ago and it didn't suit me. I don't weave nearly as much as I used to anymore, but if ever I do, the quick weave is a great choice.:yep:

My sis has a quick weave in right now. She does them herself. She always wants to put one in for me, but I'm scurred. :lol: I don't want to get glue in my hair. I think sometimes it seeps through the cap. She said I could use 2 caps. I'm transitioning, so this would be good to give me a break from my hair. :yep:

Yes I agree...I mentioned in my blog that for so many years i was doing improper weaving techniques and so forth...when I finally got a grip of my hair care, I opted for weaving that didn't jeopordize the health of my hair. This hairdresser does a great job of achieving a great style without compromising my hair progress. Sew-ins are great also, long as their done properly and not too tight, you're good to go.

Thanks Princess!!! Will do. Soon as i get these braids out, I'll do more protective styling reviews.

Its beautiful but I know that with quick weaves my hair isn't great with the glue. Not to mention I'm transitioning so I have the mini fro then the relxed ends lol. Do u flat iron yous alot?

Thanks, OP for the thread! Girl, that hair looks so nice on you! She did a great job, it looks very natural! I want to teach myself to do quick weaves, though I would have to always have someone else braid my hair for me. Thanks also for the tips on your blog, I am bookmarkin' and savin' chyle!

Mizzy- a quick weave is when a cap securely placed over cornrowe hair and the weave is bonded on to the cap and styled. Glue does NOT get on your hair when done properly and it's basically just a time saver compared to sitting and getting row after row sewed in. It also saves me money comapred to the hefty prices that sew ins can run.

Nuben- she does flat iron the hair that she leaves out and it hold up well.

OMG that's hella cute! I would love layers like that on my hair, but I think it would look funny in its curly state.

Did you install this yourself?

Wait a minute. Glue is being used.:blush: What is keeping the glue from seeping down onto your real hair?

The caps. Ooops, forgot one step! She does put paper towel on my hair THEN the cap. Thanks Pinkskates, I almost forgot that important step, duhh. :spinning: Glue does not get on my hair whatsoever.

Back