My One Year Hairniversary!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Today marks the day that I started actively growing my hair. It has come a long way.
smile.gif

I have suffered many hair setbacks but I have taken them in stride and learned from my mistakes. I can finally say I am comfortable with my regimen and the products I use. Hopefully next year this time I will report back with even more length.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Thank all of you wonderful ladies for all of the advice and support throughout this trying year. Without you, none of this would be possible!

And of course here are the comparison pics: One year anniversary comparison

DSD,

Happy Hairniversary to you.

I have one question, yesterday when I was looking at your album, I saw that you do a pre-treatment. I wanted to know do you do this every time you shampoo or CO wash, because I know that you are one person that CO wash everynight.

Looked at ur pics. Great job!!! I hope to reach there one day. What main parts of your regimen do you think contributed to such healthy hair?

COngrats DSD. It so great to be able to track your progress with pics. Let that be a lesson for us all.

DSD, you've made wonderful progress! Congrats on your Hairniversary!

Thanks everyone. You all are always so supportive!

[ QUOTE ]
Raquel said:
DSD,

Happy Hairniversary to you.

I have one question, yesterday when I was looking at your album, I saw that you do a pre-treatment. I wanted to know do you do this every time you shampoo or CO wash, because I know that you are one person that CO wash everynight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do an EVOO treatment twice weekly. I think doing it nightly would be just a little too much work for me. I get excellent results one the 2 times weekly schedule. No more dry hair!

[ QUOTE ]
RabiaElaine said:
Looked at ur pics. Great job!!! I hope to reach there one day. What main parts of your regimen do you think contributed to such healthy hair?

[/ QUOTE ]
You will, you just have to stay consistant and don't watch your hair too much.

To answer your question, I would say no heat or little heat, daily co washes and a consistant regimen. I may switch products from time to time but I always do the same thing to my hair. I keep it moisturized as much as possible also.

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
Happy Hairniversary DSD
dance7.gif
and i have to say that DSD's hair looks even prettier in person
smile.gif
-- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks! :blushing:

you go girl! I remembered when you just started, your hair was very short(nothing wrong with that) you kept that positive attitude and were open to suggestions too. I asked your tips for making bun and it came out great. I am very proud of you and I believe that by next year you'll be by bra lenght!
king.gif

Thanks Ladies!

[ QUOTE ]
Alli77 said:
you go girl! I remembered when you just started, your hair was very short(nothing wrong with that) you kept that positive attitude and were open to suggestions too. I asked your tips for making bun and it came out great. I am very proud of you and I believe that by next year you'll be by bra lenght!
king.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, I didn't think anyone remember me from back then. So you think bra length by my next hairniversary? Sounds good to me!
cool.gif

Thanks Ladies! Thanks SillyGurl for posting that post. I seem so immature there. I have learned a lot and grown a lot in the past year. Some of the things I did then I would never do now. Especially the heat once a week thing.

I am no longer transitioning as you can see but my hair is healthy and vibrant.

Thanks again ladies for all of your support and advice. On to the next goal!

Back