My Official Salerm/NTM Leave In Comparison

Re: My Official Salerm/NTM Leave In Comparison

You're very welcome, KT!
wink.gif

I have 4b relaxed hair that is just past my shoulders in a modified layer cut. Delia did an awesome job -- I had to tell her to cut more off because she was being too cautious! I don't know about color because never used, but I have some grey (which I love!) and she suggested color but I politely declined. I did NOT get a blowout because too much heat, but she did do a lovely doobie (rollerset and wrap). By the way, I was very impressed with her touchup because:

1. she only did new growth, really! I watch her go right up to the relaxed portion and stop. Incredible.

2. I told her I only wanted about 85-90% straight and at one point she stopped about half way though the smoothing to wash out and neutralize the parts she done earlier (so it wouldn't get too straight) and then put me back in the chair and completed the rest of my hair! Unbelievable.

Those 2 things endeared her to my heart. In addition, 95% of the ladies in there were black amercians with healthy looking hair. She speaks and understands english very well -- has a cute accent.

Her prices are comparable to other salons in the area:

$45 for touchup
$25 for wash rollerset/doobie/blowout
$80 for a fresh relaxer

She's only been at that location since october 2003 and I hope she stays put!

Then I guess using the wheat germ treatment and following with the leave in would be to die for huh?

Neroli-

I think I may have to check her out. Thx again!

Debyjay-

I was thinking the same thing: I should get the Wheat Germ mask b/c that, too, has been getting raves... Can you imagine how "like buttah" your hair would be after that combo? *sigh* Ok, I need to calm down.

I just ordered another bottle of Salerm 21 I am going to try it has a reg conditioner to see how I like it.

whats the average price of Salerm21 leave-in?

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Alright--believe me or not--I have not tried the Salerm. What makes it so wonderful in you guys' opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just hang out l'il lady...you'll be trying it VERY soon.
wink.gif

No purchases please.
whip.gif

What makes it so wonderful is the abslutely BUTTERY feeling it gives the hair. While not being heavy at ALL, it completely eliminates any crispiness and leaves a shine (even on my semi blonde hair) that is not to be believed.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Alright--believe me or not--I have not tried the Salerm. What makes it so wonderful in you guys' opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just hang out l'il lady...you'll be trying it VERY soon.
wink.gif

No purchases please.
whip.gif

What makes it so wonderful is the abslutely BUTTERY feeling it gives the hair. While not being heavy at ALL, it completely eliminates any crispiness and leaves a shine (even on my semi blonde hair) that is not to be believed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww Sookie Sookie Now
trampoline.gif
You done went and made my day
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
whats the average price of Salerm21 leave-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prices range from 6.99-12.00. It just depends on where you buy it, but I would say 9-10 bucks is average.

I used this for the first time this past weekend (thanks cutebajangirl
wave.gif
). I followed up with Razac leave-in because my hair wasn't completely wet and I didn't know what else to do..Is that what everyone else does? Or do you mix it with water?

Anyway, I did like the way my roller set came out and I did notice that my hair didn't frizz no where close to the way it usually does and that my hair was really soft, but I'm still confused about the way that you are supposed to use it.

Also, for the NYers where do you buy it and for how much?

Hey CarmenRose
I just use the Salerm as a leave-in after I finish conditioning/washing my hair-- I also put some serum on after it but that's b/c I'm a PJ and can't help myself
look.gif

I get my Salerm 21 from a little BSS in my neighborhood for $6.49- I live in the Bronx (Soundview) so there is never a shortage of dominican/spanish products (and there's a BSS on almost every corner). If you take the 6 train to Soundview, and walk two blocks south under the "EL" on Westchester Ave. there is a BSS- it's the second store from the corner of Manor Ave (it think
frown.gif
)... ANyways, if you go, please please please don't tell that poor man that he is selling his products way cheaper than the retail value-- his prices beat any online store for me (no shipping cost needed
wink.gif
) I also get my Keracare products from there (mainly Humecto- 8 oz for $9.99). If you like DOminican products, you will be in heaven , I guarantee!! (Lafier, Capilo, MissKey, Salerm, Tropical- he's got em all
lick.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
BlackButterflyz said:
Hey CarmenRose
I ANyways, if you go, please please please don't tell that poor man that he is selling his products way cheaper than the retail value

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

Thanks BlackButterflyz...I think I will definitely check this place out..And I promise not to tell him he's not charging enough..And I do love Dominican conditioners.

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
DolceDawn & Kitchen Tician: I live in the Atlanta area too(Cobb County). FYI: Dominician Internationl Hair Salon on Franklin Blvd. in Marietta has Salerm products. I had my last touchup and trim there by Delia -- very very good experience and will definately be back. I haven't bought salerm yet even though she used salerm 21 after my affirm touchup (have so much hair stuff in my cabinet, I simply can't justify buying anything new until at least my next touchup in about a month!) Anyway, the 6oz salerm 21 sells for $10 there.

[/ QUOTE ]

neroli: Did they put your relaxer in? I live in TN thinking about driving to Atlanta to see my sister next week just wanted to know if they did a good job?
crazy.gif

Back