My new hair color (pics), a product rave, and my hubby

The color is pretty and you are going to make me go out and buy that Aussie Moist because I have been looking for another deep conditioner.

LOL at your husband's man term for your puff and my boo likes all my styles except for my afro as well.

love that color...it's semi-perm, right?

dang, i spent my hair allowance this week on HE conditioners, and now i want some hair color and some aussie moist :(

Your color looks beautiful!!!
You've inspired me, I was procrastinating on self-coloring but I'm def doing it now.

I really like the color. I wish I had the courage to dye my own hair. I'm 30ish lol and have never used color before:ohwell:.

I love your hair and new color!
lol @ choking your afro back, that sounds like something a guy would say. At least he finally came around.
You've got me curious about color now. I saw a lot of people recommending textures and tones on nappturality, now I have to investigate more

That color is absolutely gorgeous! Very pretty! I absolutely love your hair texture, and you're so right. I love the Aussie Moist. I've heard a lot about the Aussie 3 minute lately, and I'm definitely wanting to try it. Thanks for sharing this.

I'm still loving your natural hair. Very nice!

and oh yes. Aussie Moist is excellent.

But if you love the 'Moist' then you would LURVE the Aussie Deeeeep 3 Minute Miracle! :love:
I wish it was available in gallons!!

Beautiful color! I'm loving it on you!

Aw man, I'm trying to refrain from coloring again. The last time I did it, I ended up doing a 2nd BC, but that could have been because I was doing more moisture than protein, and that kinda threw it off balance which led my hair to always being extra mushy...now that I think about it, I hardly did any protein treatment until the night before I did the cut.

Dang you, Lauren. You're making me want to go pick up a box...

....must....resist...urge

So I took the plunge. I bought a box of Clairol Textures & Tones Bronze and colored my hair!

The result was not bronze at all, but I expected that. I ended up with reddish brown streaks and I like it a lot.:yep: I may go lighter in the future, depending on how my hair does. It didn't change my texture at all, which I was afraid of. It seems to be very gentle.

No flash:

Before

S7306448.jpg

After

S7306457.jpg

Before

S7306452.jpg

After

S7306456.jpg

Flash:

Before

S7306449.jpg

After

S7306458.jpg

Now for the product rave:

AUSSIE MOIST IS THE TRUTH!!!!!!!

Yall weren't lying. It was on sale with ECBs at CVS this week, so I got two of them, and I am going back to get more later today. After I rinsed out the color, my hair was a hot tangled mess. It was almost like my strands were fused together. I applied the Aussie Moist and the tangles melted away. My hair was so soft and smooth and easy to detangle. This stuff is thick but it gives a ton of slip. Best of all, it's cheap!

I think I've found my staple deep conditoner. :yep::yep::yep::yep:

As for my husband...some people had asked me in my anniversary thread how my husband felt about my hair now. I asked him how he felt now that a year had passed. He said that he sees why I did it now, because I can do a lot more with my hair. He also said that I seem happier and more carefree now. I asked him if he had any favorite styles, and he said he basically likes everything but the afro. His favorites are the twistout and when I use my stocking to choke the afro back (he meant puff:lachen:).

So there you have it. My dh is now a believer.:grin::grin:

Did I cram enough into this thread?:lachen:

Nice color. It's a lot warmer.

:lachen::rofl: :rofl3: At the bolded!

Pretty color!! I will have to look for that Aussie Moist. :yep:

I have been using it for a while, and I really like it too. I get the EXTRA LARGE bottle from wal-mart. It's $6 and you get a pump top. It's become one of my conditioner staples and has replaced suave coconut for my conditioner washes. Plus it smells really, super yummy!:grin:

ETA: I LOVE your color! The first time I colored it looked kinda like that, but a touch more cinnaminy!

Last edited:
Gorgeous! Did you notice a change in texture?

Nope, it didn't change it at all.

love that color...it's semi-perm, right?

It's permanent.:yep:

Your color looks beautiful!!!
You've inspired me, I was procrastinating on self-coloring but I'm def doing it now.

Yay! I'm sure it will be beautiful. Make sure you post pics!

looks awesome!!! just be careful in the summer. mine truned a brassy color before i added the clear cellophane rinse to it.

I never thought about that. What brand do you use?

Beautiful color! I'm loving it on you!

Aw man, I'm trying to refrain from coloring again. The last time I did it, I ended up doing a 2nd BC, but that could have been because I was doing more moisture than protein, and that kinda threw it off balance which led my hair to always being extra mushy...now that I think about it, I hardly did any protein treatment until the night before I did the cut.

Dang you, Lauren. You're making me want to go pick up a box...

....must....resist...urge

I'm definitely upping my protein game.:yep: Each time I've had color before, my hair ended up breaking off, but I was relaxed then. Hopefully it will be better this time since it's not double processed (and I know more about hair care).

Back