My new growth is super dry!!!!

ThePerfectScore

So I'm about 4 and half months post relaxer. I plan on relaxing my hair as soon as my mom gets time off of work to do it for me. My problem is my new growth and relaxed ends are totally different textures that have different moisture needs. So whenever my ng feels soft and moisturized, my relaxed ends are mushy and need protein :wallbash:. I know people say that usually the ends of the hair are drier because they are farther away from the sebum of the scalp and are older, but apparently the oils in my scalp aren't enough. Is there anyway I can try to prevent the moisture from reaching my relaxed ends? The best way for me to get my ng moisturized is co-washes with NTM, but it's sort of hard to only get the conditioner on the ng, and when rinsing of course the water reaches my ends. Does this problem have something to do with porosity control? Why are the relaxed ends more able to hold on to moisture?

Thanks to anyone who understands what i'm asking and has a solution.

This is where sectioning and one of those applicator brushes come in handy. You can apply your moisturizing conditioner with it on your ng...and then just use a protein conditioner on the rest of your hair. sectioning can be a pain...but if you're really having problems..and you're that far along in your stretch, its worth a shot

Thanks... I wanted to transition, but I cannot handle my NG texture in parts.... I can handle the 3c areas of my hair,,, but the 4b areas are giving me the blues...

Why the long stretch? Are you transitioning?

I was going to transition, but then I've decided I cannot handle the new growth :wallbash:.... so now I'm just waiting for when my mom has time to lay on the creamy hair crack... :ohwell: I just have so my many textures in my hair... i like the crown of my hair b/c there are beautiful 3c waves, which aren't dry. It's just the patches of 4b hair that are always super dry. My hair is having an identity crisis.

do you take omega 3 fish oil supplements?

OOh if that will help I will def pick some up. Any more supplements suggestions. I took GNC HSN for a few months, but when my two bottles ran out I stopped taking them because they were breaking me out. Now I just take a centrum one a day vitamin for women.

I hope this helps, i have not been stretching as long as you have but i do take Fish Oil tabs, and i have noticed my new growth is, (for lack of better words...enjoyable). I did not realize it till someone posted it on here, but if you are going to be stretching it may be a good idea to take a supplement that will promote the healthier hair.
Also, I know what you already co wash, but and that at this point parting and sectioning the hair is a PAIN, what about Rusk Smoother Leave in?? Sylver2 uses it (and a lot of other ladies in here) and it really does make new growth so much more manageble....i really hope the info i have posted helps you.

HHG

When I do my long stretches, my hair LOVES Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. It is a mild protein so the ends of your hair will be happy but it also leaves the new growth sooo soft and detangled.

In my experience, washing with baking soda (which stops the stripping of natural oils) and taking Omega 3 oils have helped in the past.

OOh if that will help I will def pick some up. Any more supplements suggestions. I took GNC HSN for a few months, but when my two bottles ran out I stopped taking them because they were breaking me out. Now I just take a centrum one a day vitamin for women.

yes I do believe it will help. try Nordic Naturals - it has the lowest amount of mercury. I take 2 twice a day- and stretch 6 months. You can also tell if you need them if your skin is dry.

HSN made me break out too, btw.

yes I do believe it will help. try Nordic Naturals - it has the lowest amount of mercury. I take 2 twice a day- and stretch 6 months. You can also tell if you need them if your skin is dry.

HSN made me break out too, btw.

I have these but i didnt know if they really helped. Im running low so i should go n get some more thanks!

Back