My Natural Hair Straightening Extravaganza--Celebrating 2 Years Relaxer Free

Victorian

old head
I DID IT!! I blowdried and flatironed my natural hair myself for the first time. It took me forever but I did it.
I've put all the details of what I did in my journal, complete with pictures of the process and results.
Click here to join in the fun: Celebrating 2 Years Relaxer Free!

Love the details. The same thing happened to me when I tried to blow dry my hair for a BAA. :)

Cool, I'm coming up on on 2nd nappiversery next month.... and you give me a really good idea of what my actual length could be. Natural hair is so beautiful and unique..Shrinkage is amazing. I just found out that my hair shrinks more when I use shampoo... Anyway keep up the good work.

Congrats Black Cardinal--I have enjoyed looking at your albums and following your progress. Your hair looks great. I think my hair texture might have a couple of similarities to yours. 80% shrinkage huh? Golly gee, won't that be fun to look forward to?! :D

Thank-you for your compliments and encouragement, ladies!

My hair scarf slid off last night and my hair was all over the place this morning :lol: But i think the wgo actually helped it stay relatively smooth because I was able to brush it back into the bun pretty easily today, and it feels really soft and moisturized. I think next time I might use the wgo to blowdry it :scratchch

Like I mentioned in your journal, I think I found my hair twin!!!!!! Our hair is thick and beautiful! I celebrate my 2 year relaxer free anniversary in November! Gorgeous!

wow! great progress!! but man... shrinkage sucks, it doesn't do justice to the beauty of your hair! it's so thick! in no time you'll be at BSL natural... i love it! :)

Thank-you!! :kiss:
You know, shrinkage isn't a big deal for me. I wear my hair in a wash 'n' go puff all the time so shrinkage is a good thing :yep: It also makes my hair look much thicker than it is. I actually have fine, thin hair, but the natural texture makes it fluff out a lot and makes it look thicker than it is. If you see my relaxed pics, or look at the size of my ponytail (where the holder is) in my transitioning pics, you'll see the difference.

Wow, there are a lot of us hitting the 2-year mark!! :grin: Congrats to everyone and good luck to those of you still transitioning :weird:

-----
My blowdrying/flatironing job is actually holding up ok, but I can feel isolated coils that have already reformed at the root. My hair used to feel like this all the time when I was blowdrying during transitioning--memories... :lol: I put some Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir on it this morning so it's pretty smooth and shiny for the time being. We've got the windows open in the house and the attic fan is on right now, though, so we'll see how long it lasts.

very nice, I just tried the giovanni leave in the other day and I'm in love! Anyways your hair truly looks healthy and beautiful!

Back