My mother thought my hair was a weave!!!

candycane

Just wanted to share...
I relaxed my hair this weekend after about 13 weeks. I stopped at my mom's house on Sunday and she kept looking at my hair telling me how pretty it was. Then she finally came right and asked if I had weave in my hair. I was so shocked!

Then yesterday at work a coworker of mine was complementing my hair. She then asked if I had tracks. I told her no. She did not believe me so she proceeded to start rubbing her finger through my hair checking for tracks. When she discovered there weren't any, she proceeded to start asking me what I do to take care of my hair. I gave her a few tips, but like a lot of nay sayers I knew she would probably look at me like a fool.

It is so funny how you can tell people all of the things you do to your hair, and nobody listens. But as soon as your hair starts growing and looking really good, they want to become your best friend so they can find out your "secrets".

Candycane

Candycane,

That's great! This forum kinda reminds me of Madame CJ Walker and how she used to train her stylists and send them out into the world.
smile.gif
Isn't it interesting how people grill you for hair info.?

This is my dream ....for people to be convinced my hair is a weave cuz it looks so good.That would just crack me up...not to mention make me feel reall good

Trust me I never in a million years thought anyone would ever mistake my hair for a weave! So although I found my co-worker running her hands through my hair to be a bit rude, I was still pretty proud of myself. It just lets me know that my hard work and patience with my hair is paying off. I am so happy!!

Candycane

Yesterday my grandmother said that if she didn't know better she would have thought my hair was a wig because it looked so good. But when I was 15 my friends boyfriend told me my hair looked like a weave because it was so straight and shiny and I had neck length hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Consider that the ultimate compliment. I love when people think my hair is a weave when I'm not wearing one.
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree! That is an ultimate compliment! By the way, that was really rude of the friend that rubbed her fingers through your hair to look for tracks. I bet she felt dumb when there wasn't any!

[ QUOTE ]
Cami said:
[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Consider that the ultimate compliment. I love when people think my hair is a weave when I'm not wearing one.
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree! That is an ultimate compliment! By the way, that was really rude of the friend that rubbed her fingers through your hair to look for tracks. I bet she felt dumb when there wasn't any!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto, I would have let her look for tracks too, just to see her face when she didn't find any.
shocked.gif

My regimen is so simple that it is ridiculous.

I wash my hair in the shower 1 or 2 times per week (at night) w/CON ultra moisturizing formula

I deep condition with either ORS hair mayonaise with my heating cap for about 20 minutes

Comb my hair with a shower comb to remove any tangles. Get back in the shower and rinse

Slightly towel dry to remove the drips. Then I spray a mixture of distilled water, s-curl, jojoba oil and infusium 23 and maybe a few drops of rosemary oil
I let my hair air dry a bit. Then i place it in a bun so I can attach my draw string pony tail the next day. My hair is tied down with my silk scarf and off to bed I go

Every night I take the pony tail out and remove my ponytail holder, spray my hair with the mixture and go to bed.

When I wear my hair down, I wash, condition and I spray really lightly with the mixture because I don't want it to weigh my hair down. I air dry. Once dried, I flat iron with my ceramic flat iron. That's it. I might apply some of the shine serum to give it extra shine. But otherwise nothing more.

I recently switched from Motions relaxer to Revlon Realistic. So far I am loving the results. I usually go about 13 weeks between relaxing. I might actually move it down to 10 weeks, because this time around I noticed a bit too much shedding.

I only trim my hair when I relax. Every now and then I might try to add another conditioner that others have raved about. But usually I go back to the hair mayo.

Candycane

Cami,

You should have seen her expression. She needed to pick her chin off of the floor because her mouth was wide open. I don't particularly like this woman to begin with so making her look like a fool was so gratifying. I'm so bad!!!
angeldevil.gif

Candycane

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
Just wanted to share...
I relaxed my hair this weekend after about 13 weeks. I stopped at my mom's house on Sunday and she kept looking at my hair telling me how pretty it was. Then she finally came right and asked if I had weave in my hair. I was so shocked!

Then yesterday at work a coworker of mine was complementing my hair. She then asked if I had tracks. I told her no. She did not believe me so she proceeded to start rubbing her finger through my hair checking for tracks. When she discovered there weren't any, she proceeded to start asking me what I do to take care of my hair. I gave her a few tips, but like a lot of nay sayers I knew she would probably look at me like a fool.

It is so funny how you can tell people all of the things you do to your hair, and nobody listens. But as soon as your hair starts growing and looking really good, they want to become your best friend so they can find out your "secrets".

Candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
Congrads
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that is super funny and great, keep up the great work
clap.gif

Definitely take is as a compliment but coming from your own Mother would make me think 'dang you REALLY didn't think this is mine?'
blush.gif
That's a compliment, anyway you look at it
wink.gif

For the first time last month I was asked if I had a track in my hair. I was at the salon after having a touch up and as I walked to the restroom I heard a customer whisper 'track' When I returned I sat next to the same woman (waiting for my ride home) and she asked me if I had a track. I said no and she said 'oh'...
look.gif

It was a first for me. Chin up. This board is slowly showing others that yes, it is poss. withOUT having to be a weave.

Man! I can't wait until someone asks me if I have tracks! ...but since I'm on the bun challenge, hopefully it'll happen next year.

Anyway, way to go, Candycane!
up.gif

I flat-ironed my hair this evening for the first time in like FOREVER and my daughter's grandmother (father's side) asked me if I "bought any of that hair" on my head! (LOL!!) I proudly said, "Nope, it's all mine." Even though I'm in the bun challenge, I did take my bun down briefly to show her the full length. I couldn't get my hair bone-straight, but it's almost bra-strap (about an inch or two away). Anyway, YAY, it's a good feeling when people think you have some fake hair in there somewhere!

Back