My mom keeps talking about her future grandkids

Chocogurl1der

I've told her I don't see it happening, but she refuses to listen. Unless she finds her future son-in-law and serves as a surrogate she's SOL. It gets on my nerves when she talks about it like its a done deal :wallbash:

Denitra

My future mother in law does the same thing to me. ALL THE TIME! The sad thing is that she already has 2 grandchildren!:perplexed She is much closer to her son than her daughter, so she expects to be closer to his children. She also wants a granddaughter. (She has 2 grandsons already.) She showed me her hope chest that is full of female baby clothes. She says she needs someone to leave her jewelry and furs to.:spinning: My baby will not want that mess! LOL

I got you beat. My mom added plans for her future grandchildren into her kitchen remodel. Like the kid's afterschool lunch area, kid stuff storage...

When she showed off the blueprints she'd point to things and say "See. this is where my grandkids will have snacks after school..."

ETA: I forgot..she also bought an SUV partially for the purposes of driving her grandkids around. She actually asked the salesman about the number of infant carseats it could hold at one time.

I got you beat. My mom added plans for her future grandchildren into her kitchen remodel. Like the kid's afterschool lunch area, kid stuff storage...

When she showed off the blueprints she'd point to things and say "See. this is where my grandkids will have snacks after school..."

ETA: I forgot..she also bought an SUV partially for the purposes of driving her grandkids around. She actually asked the salesman about the number of infant carseats it could hold at one time.

You definitely have me beat . You have twins that run in your family or what :lachen:?

It's just frustating cuz I have not been in a relationship in years. I work 12hr days and hope to go back to school next year. Where am I suppose to find the time to cater to her delusions? I've pretty much given up on the happily ever afters. I'm 30 and living in the real world. I repeat I don't see it happening. She's in denial and needs to get over it.

Wow. so Im not the only one? :lachen:
My mom is talking about her future grand children. Im 18. My grandmother doesnt want me to do too much heavy work because shes like "you wont be able to have children!" Now that I am interested in this one guy, shes really on the children kick, although she let me know she doesnt expect it to be any time soon THANK GOD.

Back