My "Moisturizing" Experiment for my 4b/a Hair

bride91501

I apologize in advance if this is a "duh" moment for you vets, but it certainly was an "Aha!" moment for this newbie and I wanted to share with the other newbies.... :grin:

So, I BC'd 2 months ago and finding ways keep my 4b/a hair moisturized has been trying, to say the least. I co-wash 2-3x per week, DC on Saturdays, use a leave-in afterwards and have experimented with a variety of things to seal- EVCO, shea butter, castor oil. You name it, I've tried it. And while they all do their job, they all left my hair and fingers "greasy" constantly. I HATE that feeling.

I noticed that my 3 daughters' hair would feel so soft after being in braids for 2 weeks, and then it clicked that the reason for this was probably the glycerin/aloe vera/(little bit of)castor oil/water mix I spray on their braids daily. So, I decided to experiment and use this homemade mix to "seal" my hair.

I co-washed last night, used my kimmaytube leave-in, "sealed" with my juice concoction, and put my Celie-braids in for the night so my hair could airdry.

OMG- I woke up this morning with hair so soft and moisturized, I barely recognized it :drunk:! No greasy feeling, just silky softness. I couldn't believe it. Some of you may take this for granted, but my very coarse, very prone to dryness hair has NEVER felt like this before. I finally found the key to soft moisturized hair!

Sorry for the long post.... just wanted to share. Hope you guys have the same results!

Last edited:
sounds good. !!!

Ive recently found my go to moisture seal combo too.

giovanni direct leave in sealed with wheat germ oil. I really dont even have to re-moisturize every day, I can easily go 2 days with just doing this 1 time per day,

Back