My makeover on BET's My Black Is Beautiful this SUNDAY

@MrsJones1 I sure did!! I havent worn it yet though. I was going to wear the dress to see SATC but decided not too.

@nakialovesshoes Thanks. Yeah I didnt think it looked too bad across the screen. It has faded since then and Im not feeling the color anymore but I like it that day when she straightened it. .....

@Love~Above~Color I talked (talked wayy too fast at that) and I did mention LHCF for the stylist lol.

@LadyRaider It stayed straight awhile..It was taped in March so it wasnt humid then..like 2 weeks it lasted.

@nakialovesshoes @CourtneyRenee Yes for all "live" shows, everything is pre arranged for every show to look like it was random. You have to cast prior to because we have to get releases from the people, and Procter & Gamble had to approve us weeks prior, plus BET had to approve us weeks before. It is a looonnggg process to be on TV-especially after the guy who murdered his wife from that vh1 show, they can't randomly pick someone and 10 minutes later put them on TV. I casted the guys on What Chilli Wants--but they try to make that look random too, but it isnt like that

Did they give you the details on the makeup?

She did but I forgot. It was all Cover Girl. I know the foundation was from the Queen Collection and the bronzer was...but the lipgloss was Cover Girl Wetslicks..I don't remember the color though. She used a lipliner I think that was called Currant or Raisin I think

I'm sorry I missed the show. I was at church. Too bad My Black is Beautiful isn't on demand b/c I sure wanted to see you. Hopefully the rerun will play soon.

I can't get the video to work on BET.com. I wanna see. :cry:

They straightened it? What brand of flat iron did they use?

I can't wait to see a makeover show where they go from straight to coily/curly! I am sorry but I have a problem with shows "correcting" curly/coily/kinky hair. I think it's especially sad to see a black show doing it. However, Lexi, you and your hair is beautiful!

I can't wait to see a makeover show where they go from straight to coily/curly! I am sorry but I have a problem with shows "correcting" curly/coily/kinky hair. I think it's especially sad to see a black show doing it. However, Lexi, you and your hair is beautiful!

go from straight to coily? I don't think all women are candidates for that, but all women (relaxed or natural) are candidates for coily or frizzy to straight and sleek. Which is more than likely the reason coily to sleek is most often found in make overs.

btw, Hot Stuff Lexi!

@imaccami She used an H2Pro . I was actually surprised it looked good because she had done a twist set the day before to loosen my texture because she only had an hour to straighten me and do the other 2 ladies so I couldnt start with my "normal" texture because 1st- I wouldnt let her detangle it dry on my natural texture 2nd...I wasnt about to have her detangle me hella fast and then rush and straighten it. But usually, on me, flat iron a day after wash doesnt look good.

@sgmom2 I feel you but I dont think they were necessarily trying to "correct it" , I think they wanted to show an actual transformation...The other ladies both had relaxed hair so I was the only one (being natural) that could have a dramatic difference since we had an hour of taping for 1 stylist to do all 3 of our hair.

Thanks. I am a freelance Casting Director and Associate Producer so whenever I am not working on a show, I sub in Atlanta so they thought it was okay to use me as a "teacher". Thats how it goes sometimes for last minute changes. I was actually in the credits as well as an AP.

And thank you EVERYONE for watching it and all of the nice comments. I really appreciate it :-)

Makes sense. I wasn't able to catch the show live, but I just watched it on my DVR. Your makeover looked great! I loved the outfit and your hair. That is just how I used to dress when I was a teacher.

I follow you on youtube....this is off topic, but how did things go with HSN?

i saw you by accident!!! i was at my moms house and shes always sayin im obsessed with this forum, and i was like "mom!! mom!! c'mere!!! shes like 'what?!!? what happened?!?! and i go "this chick is on the forum!!" :lachen: :lachen: she just rolled her eyes at me and walked outta the room lolz. you and your hair looked great!!!

Back