My Macherieamour roller set + "hairgasmic" DC mix, lol.

foxieroxienyc

Ok guys so you have to pardon because I get so freakin excited still when I do something good with my hair. I'm still learning about her, and getting to know her and I'm still discovering things about me and my hair as I'm new on this healthy journey.

So the other day, I got my MCA roller setting DVD tutorial, and I sat and watched it (3 times to be exact before trying to roller set her way). So today I was itching (literally! I think I may be having a reaction to Nexxus Humectress in the form of hives all over my body, lol, I WILL NOT STOP USING IT, I'd rather die of a rash) to wash my hair again because my new DC mix is so on point my best friend commented on how great my hair looked in my pony today! lol, he's REALLY into hair, and I CO-washed last night and air dried and my hair was so smooth and silky today it was just sick...

I digress..

So I washed (CO-washed) and also did an oil rinse w/ EVOO today (helps with the hives somewhat too :yawn::nono:), and I did my DC with my Pantene Mask and Humectress combo, then applied Salerm 21 as my leave in with a tad bit of Motions Shine Serum. Then I popped in my DVD and me and MCA had a step by step roller setting party. Well, after some time under my soft bonnet dryer, low and behold, I had the most lucious juicy and bouncy SOFT curls ever. My set came out great, perfect! I saran wrapped and now pin curled so I can get some actual sleep. I just wanted to share results for you all, and encourage those who are/were kinda retarded when it comes to doing a roller set to get her video. I tried the blow-frying the roots thing, worked, but I dont like that much heat on my hair. I need to find a better way to get at the new growth since I'm in the boot camp. I'm just excited to report no extra heat needed, roller setting is my new -ish!

(I look totally busted, forgive me it was 3 am and no make-up lol - but hell I'm comfortable around y'all now so I dont care.)

MaCher_RollerSetDec2.jpg

MaCher_RollerSetDec3.jpg

MaCher_RollerSetDec1.jpg

:lick:
Uuuuuughhhh I'm soooo hair obsessed. It's literally now my hobby.
Roxie

I really hope u are kidding about the hives :ohwell::lachen:.

It looks really nice! You remind me of my friend Patricia in the face, her dad is Nigerian. Your eyes and mouth look the same...her nose is different though.

I also saw the light with Macheries DVD...and I too dont really feel the need to blow out the roots most of the time. Its just extra heat and they are gonna revery quickly anyway (Im a stretcher and Im texlaxed). So I just go with the textured look. Isis is my hair idol :).

You did a really nice job, your hair looks fluffy and soft! I can't wait to try out MCA's rollersetting dvd, I hope to finally get this rollersetting deal.

Your hair and your body is on point. You have to share with us the secret to those flat abs!:notworthy

Thanks ladies for the amazing compliments, and the acknowledgment of the abs, lol.

I pin curled my hair in the shape of a roller set, and it maintained my bouncy curls. I'll spare you all the pics and put them in my fotki if you want to see how they came out the next day. I've got a new dryer for Christmas - not a Pibbs but it has good reviews nonetheless:

http://www.amazon.com/Tourmaline-Tools-1059-Hot-Professional/dp/B000Q37M5M/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

So I'm hoping to get even better sets from it, although my soft bonnet dryer has been serving me quite well!

Leslie_C: Girrrrl, I'm NOT kidding about the hives. Got a rash all over my body right after using this stuff, I'm hoping it's my new perfume and not my conditioner. I stopped using the perfume, so we'll see if it goes away. And you know you are the, 3rd person this month to ask me if I was from Africa, I'm dead serious! lol An honor indeed that I resemble the people from the motherland, maybe that's where I can place my ancestry. My mother's family is Trinidadian and father's side is Southern American black. My "exotic" looks at times gets me pigeoned holed when it comes to commercial work here in NY, lol, I dont have that typical All-American Black girl look, which I dont mind at all.:lachen::yep:

Ok guys so you have to pardon because I get so freakin excited still when I do something good with my hair. I'm still learning about her, and getting to know her and I'm still discovering things about me and my hair as I'm new on this healthy journey.

So the other day, I got my MCA roller setting DVD tutorial, and I sat and watched it (3 times to be exact before trying to roller set her way). So today I was itching (literally! I think I may be having a reaction to Nexxus Humectress in the form of hives all over my body, lol, I WILL NOT STOP USING IT, I'd rather die of a rash) to wash my hair again because my new DC mix is so on point my best friend commented on how great my hair looked in my pony today! lol, he's REALLY into hair, and I CO-washed last night and air dried and my hair was so smooth and silky today it was just sick...

I digress..

So I washed (CO-washed) and also did an oil rinse w/ EVOO today (helps with the hives somewhat too :yawn::nono:), and I did my DC with my Pantene Mask and Humectress combo, then applied Salerm 21 as my leave in with a tad bit of Motions Shine Serum. Then I popped in my DVD and me and MCA had a step by step roller setting party. Well, after some time under my soft bonnet dryer, low and behold, I had the most lucious juicy and bouncy SOFT curls ever. My set came out great, perfect! I saran wrapped and now pin curled so I can get some actual sleep. I just wanted to share results for you all, and encourage those who are/were kinda retarded when it comes to doing a roller set to get her video. I tried the blow-frying the roots thing, worked, but I dont like that much heat on my hair. I need to find a better way to get at the new growth since I'm in the boot camp. I'm just excited to report no extra heat needed, roller setting is my new -ish!

(I look totally busted, forgive me it was 3 am and no make-up lol - but hell I'm comfortable around y'all now so I dont care.)

MaCher_RollerSetDec2.jpg

MaCher_RollerSetDec3.jpg

MaCher_RollerSetDec1.jpg

Roxie

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Your hair looks good.:yep:

I digress..

MaCher_RollerSetDec2.jpg

MaCher_RollerSetDec3.jpg

MaCher_RollerSetDec1.jpg

Roxie

:lachen: That is sooooooo true. The results came out great and by the pictures we can tell your excited about it too :yep:

Your hair looks great Foxie! I'm also a Macherie convert and her dvd motivated me to do my hair myself. The results get better every time :grin:

Back