My Husband Did My Hair !!!

Julia

How many ladies ask their husband's or their significant others to help them with thier hair? My husband loves when I take care of hair. He always encourages me to go the hairdresser (when I complain about not being able to roller set my hair). He always notices when it looks good and O boy does he notice when it does not. /images/graemlins/naughty.gif
He will insist that I take care of it (of course he does not have to do this any longer now that I have discovered LHCF) /images/graemlins/littleangel2.gif

Seeing his interest, today I asked him to roller set my complete head of hair. And he did! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif In the past he has put in one or two rollers in the back when my hands got tiered but never from start to finish. He was pretty good I put the fear of God into him about the proper way to comb out tangles and how to stretch the hair. I will let everyone know how the roller set turned out.

Wow a hubby that can rollerset /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I would just about let my man give me a head massage. His hands would end up crusing my head into a peanut shape.

Good Luck with the rollerset and let us know how it turned out.

You are so lucky! I wanted to ask/teach my bf but I didn't like the way he was holding the brush when I asked him to wrap my hair. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

He used to help me a lot but I guess as he feels more comfortable with the relationship, maybe he doesn't feel the need to anymore. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Congrats. I'll be waiting to hear how it turns out.

[quote I didn't like the way he was holding the brush when I asked him to wrap my hair

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Believe me I watched him like a hawk and then some. I did not take my eyes off of him. I got a huge mirror and put it infront of me and instructed him every second of the way. I did not like the way he was holding my hair at first, but he was a quick study...he just has to learn how to keep those big fingers out of the way

That funny you should mention your husband intrest with your hair because one of my guy friends is the same way. He is always quick to say "how you try to grow your hair out" or "do you want me to take you to get your hair done this weekend". Me and my friends always make new year resoltions for each other so we can see what other people think our destructive habits are. For example one of my friends is gaining alot of weight so I told her that I want her to go walking with me twice a week. She noticed that I don't always study like I should so in turn I must go to the library twice a week with her. Well any way this guy said I want to stop cutting your hair. Guys are a trip. I happy your husband like to help though. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Seeing his interest, today I asked him to roller set my complete head of hair. And he did!

[/ QUOTE ] Wow, does he have a brother? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe I should teach my boys to rollerset? Hmmm... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

yes he has a brother but I think he would be all thumbs...if you know what I mean /images/graemlins/wink.gif

When I have sons, I am definately going to teach them how to comb thier sister's and mommy's hair. Just like I am teaching thier father. As soon as they get old enough they will be doing it and learning all about how to care for hair (the main principles anyway)
I have already mentioned to my husband that he will be doing my wet sets from now on.

Update re: My Husband Did My Hair !!!

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have found a new "in-between relaxer) hairdresser. /images/graemlins/kiss2.gif

Hubby's wet set came out fabulos! Seriously, he is not Marvin now, but my hair came out great. It was nice and bouncy and shiney and looked really healthy. It looked better than when I wet set it last week. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Mr. Wonderful was soooooo proud of it. He had the nerve to insist that I go and moisturize it right away and insisted that I wore it down to go to church this am.

I have taken pics. of the actual set and pics. of when I pulled out the rollers and pics. of the finished hair style. I will be posting them soon. I just wanted to share this with y'all.

This is going to make such a major difference in my hair care regime because for the life of me I am just lousy at setting my own hair and I lose too much hair while doing it.

What's next...I am going to teach him how to wash my hair and how to trim my ends!

Re: Update re: My Husband Did My Hair !!!

How wonderful to have a husband who takes such pride in his wife's hair, and who is actually willing to help her take care of it. He sounds like one in a million. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hubby's wet set came out fabulos!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great Julia! Lucky girl. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My bf agreed to help me with my rollerset because I lost the rollersetting battle last night and gave up... but he wants me to learn to cornrow his hair and I don't know how to cornrow....He is only agreeing to help if I learn to conrow.

Anyway...I'm printing this post out to show him...

Ask your hubby how much he charges in case my bf isn't as successful. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Awww /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This has inspired me to teach my heavy handed bf how to wash and condition my hair. We'll leave the scissors alone for now. I'm not that stupid. /images/graemlins/look.gif If you see the size of his hands you'll know what I'm talking about.

Congrats Julia!, I am too jealous. /images/graemlins/grin.gif ...my husband would not dare try to rollerset my hair. Heck, I'm not even good at it. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif He's ok at washing and conditioning though.

/images/graemlins/grin.gifI am just tickled pink that your husband did your hair. Congratulations... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Everyone,

I am still new to all of this and have been lurking for awhile. I think you ladies are smart, funny and just an enjoyable bunch.

Well, about husbands doing hair! My husband loves to do my hair he knows how to give me touch-ups and trims. He oiled and braided my hair the other night just before going to bed. I was just to tired to do it and had worn it down and it was all over my head and he "tamed it dowm" for me. He also does my 5yo daughter's hair and is very creative with styles.

It is really nice getting to know all of you ladies. I guess I should stop lurking and start writing.

Welcome, SaHair. It is so heartwarming to hear about men like your husband and Julia's: men who don't hesitate to display tenderness and nurturing towards their loved ones. Men like that are a treasure. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the board SAhair. Your hubby can do all that /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Girl you are so lucky. I'm gonna have to teach my other half a basic shampoo soon enough.

WHHHHATTT! TOUCH UP AND TRIMS /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Girl that is a MAJOR blessing... He's a keeper girl, maybe both our husbands can get together to trade hairdressing notes! lol

SaHair said:
Hi Everyone,

I am still new to all of this and have been lurking for awhile. I think you ladies are smart, funny and just an enjoyable bunch.

Well, about husbands doing hair! My husband loves to do my hair he knows how to give me touch-ups and trims. He oiled and braided my hair the other night just before going to bed. I was just to tired to do it and had worn it down and it was all over my head and he "tamed it dowm" for me. He also does my 5yo daughter's hair and is very creative with styles.

It is really nice getting to know all of you ladies. I guess I should stop lurking and start writing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wouldn't happen to have a cute single brother would he? /images/graemlins/kiss.gif LOL

Back