My HORRIBLE attempt at the XenaX bun

Jenibo

Well i washed and conditioned my hair with my cantu shea butter and left the conditioner in my hair. I had my aunt braid it back for me, then we went to the bss to get a bun. (i have limited hang time:look:) The bun was silky but since it was braided i figured no one would notice.:ohwell: Well i did notice... after thinkin i was cute and goin to dave & busters:wallbash:

My aunt braids hair and does weave so i went through her stash and came across some yaki that i thought resembled my hair texture. She braided it for me and bobbypinned it on, and i think it looked more natural.

I'm not sure if i like the outcome. I tied my hair down and still got frizzies. If i attempt this again i will slick down my hair before braiding.

XeanX girl... from now on i will just admire your hair from afar!

Attachments

• jessie bun.jpg
    jessie bun.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 112
  • jessie bun 2.jpg
    jessie bun 2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 169
  • jessie bun 3.jpg
    jessie bun 3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 134
  • jessie bun 4.jpg
    jessie bun 4.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 202
Jenibo! :spank:

It does not look bad!!! I especially like the last pic b/c your hair blends in more. Plus your hair is natural and it makes the braids look more interesting. Makes me wish I had tried some french braids when I was natural.

LMAO!!! well thx for making me feel a lil better. Just dont change your siggy for awhile cuz i can't keep doin these 'horrible attempt threads'......

LMAO!!! well thx for making me feel a lil better. Just dont change your siggy for awhile cuz i can't keep doin these 'horrible attempt threads'......
You'll be aiight!!! I think it looks fine. You still wearing it?

I actually really like the last pic. I think I may try it out because I have some marley hair around here somewhere. It didn't occur to me to use some extra hair because Lord knows I don't have enough.

Jenibo! :spank:

It does not look bad!!! I especially like the last pic b/c your hair blends in more. Plus your hair is natural and it makes the braids look more interesting. Makes me wish I had tried some french braids when I was natural.
I agree, I like it OP. But you know I need a tut right XenaX? That bun is freaking sick!!

I was lusting after that bun when I saw it yesterday. It is gorgeous. I am going to try it soon, but I am lazy right now and it only takes me 30 seconds to do my current bun.

Back