My homemade product did my hair some good!

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

Avocado,mango,olive oil, yadda yadda yadda. These are just a few of the ingredients that are distributed in some products,so I decided I would make my own concoction. Yesterday, I mixed a banana and an avocado together in a blender. I applied it to my hair and left it on for about 2 hours ( that's just because I am lazy). It actually brought out my natural hair pattern,but it became very hard after a while-next time I will add something to give my hair softness (any recommendations?) Anyway, I washed the concoction from my hair (it fully rinsed out!!), so shampooing and extra conditioning needed. Voila!! These two fruits actually enhanced my hair texture while adding shine!! This is my new pre-treatment conditioner!
cool.gif

I think some honey would make that concoction perfect! In fact so perfect, I think I'm gonna try it tonight
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
I think some honey would make that concoction perfect! In fact so perfect, I think I'm gonna try it tonight
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it will soften it up?

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:
[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it will soften it up?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think so, you probably wouldn't even need that much, maybe 1 tablespoon for the total amount you'll be puttin in your hair.

Girl, your on to something here. The other day I used Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask as a deep conditioning treatment since it defines my curl pattern and I wanted to do a "Shake and go". Well anyway, this stuff has the scent and thickness of bananas and I was thinking it would be less expensive to try a treatment with bananas as you have already done. I haven't done my own yet but I just went to drugstore.com to look up this product (ingredient listing is on the box I trashed not the bottle) and thought I'd share the ingredients with you:

[ QUOTE ]
Hibiscus Sabdariffa, Sambucus Nigra, Euphrasia Officinalis, Horsetail (Equisetum arvense), Plantain (Plantago Major) Extracts, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Water, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Acetamide MEA, Shorea Stenoptera Butter, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Mango (Mangifera Indica) Seed Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Extract, Sunflower (helianthus annuus) Seed Oil (Plant Marrow), Quinoa (Chenopodium Quinoa) Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Keratin Amino Acid, Fragrance, Paridol Butyl, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tocopherol

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe some of the ingredients might be of use to you, as well, as you continue to experiment with your formulation. HTH!

Back