My Hippie Dippie Reggie

overtherainbow

So I did something crazy about 4 months ago. I got fed up with these 12oz Bottles of shampoo and having to hunt for 30oz Bottles of conditioner. I got "tied" of it. My hair sucks up a lot of product and I hate that I became reliant on products
So I now I make my own DC and mix up my own cleanser using Dr. Bronners. Dats it! I use commercial products occasionally now for fun, but they are no longer necessities.

So first I prepoo and DC in one step with my hair glaze which consists of
-2 oz of pure aloe vera Jelly
-table spoon raw organic honey
-4oz EVCO (not melted!!)
-1 oz soybean oil
I mix this all together and apply like any other prepoo, in 8 Bantu knots. I let it sit for however long I feel like. Sometimes I rinse it out just after prepping my shower. I don't use a conditioner cap or anything because of laziness.
After rinsing it out, I cleanse my hair in the same sections with my Dr. Bronners Mix which is:
1/3 bronner's liquid castille soap (purple bottle)
2/3 water
Topped off with a few drops of a random oil blend. I like tea tree and peppermint oils. Sometimes if my hair is pretty oily, I would increase the amount of castille soap. A 50/50 soap to water ratio gives me clarifying results.
After this, I just style however. Usually braid out or wash n go. I only style my hair with oil and butters and sometimes gel.

So this combination does wonders for the health of my hair. My hair is stronger now, and easier to manage. I can clearly tell the difference in the health of my hair in pics. My hair is so soft and strong! I love that I just use household items too, nothing I wouldn't normally buy on grocery day. Here are some pics. Can you tell which one is from my hair product days?
*I have gel in my hair in the wash n go pic though! Only product I used!

Attachments

• 20150807_130336.jpg
    20150807_130336.jpg
    697.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 20160731_122234.jpg
    20160731_122234.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 92
  • 20160904_113101.jpg
    20160904_113101.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
Back