My Henna just came in the mail

CarefreeinChicago

and the ingredients are Mandoor pwder , Shikakai, Amla, Brahmi, Behda, chandan, Harde, kapur Kachli, Maka, Methi , Orange, Neem, Aloe, Jaswandh, Mehndi.

What?

Whoa!! I know some of those are good ingredients but you should definitely make sure you do the strand test before using it because you don't know what else is in it that may not be listed. Be very careful! Pure henna is all I use so I can't vouch for anything else.

that really sounds suspect. What is the brandname of the henna? I suspect that it is a cheap quality henna that could possibly have damaging compounds in it and they threw in a dash of all of this other stuff. Is this what the website promised to ship to you? if not, send it back...

kinchen said:
you know i check all ingredients before i let any thing touch my hair!! i ordered it from www.indianblend.com and the name on the box is Heenara i wanted indigo any way so maybe i will order from hennaforhair.com

If I'm not mistaken, I believe ArmyQT used this brand....may have to do a search or PM her.

I just looked it up. I would have no problem using it personally. I guess because I have had MUCH success with premixed henna and/or commercial henna products, as well as with bulk henna from places like Henna For Hair.

I haven't used my henna yet, but it has: pure mehendi, alma, brahmi, and bhringraj, it's called "Napur Henna". I'm planning to use it this weekend, I'm not too nervous because all the other ingredients seem to be plants. I hope nothing is thrown in that isn't listed.

kinchen said:
i mixed
1 tablespoon of cassia obovata ,Amla, and indigo and three table spoons of heenara wish me luck ladies

Please let us know how this turns out. I use Dulhan Deluxe Heena Powder and add amla powder, amla oil and condish. I'd be too scared to use someone else's mix!

JLove74 said:
STOP Don't use it. Pure henna should have one ingredient: Henna.

Where did your order it from?

ITA!!!!
It might melt and severaly dmg your hair that you have worked so hard to get to where you are at now!:eek:
next time check out http://www.hennaforhair.com
her stuff is the best, pure, and gets there very quick!

i made the mix and let the test hair sit on a plate since my last post and the test hair has not changed colurs so i think i am going to give it a try

i did not want the colour so that's why i mixed i just want the condition benefits is been on my hair since 8:15 so i am going to rinse it out at 9:15

Back