My hairwashing technique

TexturedTresses

I've always had some serious problems detangling my hair to rollerset after I washed. I started to think it was the products. However, I'm started to realize that the main problem is my hairwashing technique. This is what I've started doing and it really works to keep down on the tangles. I put shampoo (currently nexxus therapee, which i dislike) and a bit of water to dilute in one of those pointy top things from sallys. Shake it up. Apply it to my scalp like oil while my scalp is dry. Massage with my fingertips (hair is still dry) and then rinse out in the shower. My scalp seems to be getting clean and I have no tangles. Plus, my hair has limited contact with the shampoo unless I feel it it need to be extra clean, then I'll put some shampoo in my hand and run it through my hair and rinse out. This method seems to be working well. Hope this helps someone.

Oooh, I'm gonna try this! I'll bet your ends stay super moisturized this way :lick:

Thank you babe! I was trying to figure out another way to wash my scalp. I have an TA and I dont want to wash my hair, just my scalp. I will try this.

This makes so much sense! Just think of all the products you could put in a needle nose applicator bottle (from Sallys- cause they have the best), when you just want to target the scalp! Thanks for this great tip!:grin:

I only shampoo my scalp in the shower and let the shampoo slide down my hair when i rinse. My hair & scalp are clean.

I've been doing something similar, but I add a tablespoon of jojoba oil to the shampoo and water :)

Why do you do it on dry hair?

Good technique, I am starting to add water and oil to my shampoo, and it is not as striping, I will have test out your technique.

I used to do this and it works.

I need to do it again given the hotmess I had to deal with last night. I couldn't even rollerset because of all the darn tangles and amount of hair I already lost just trying to detangle in the shower. :(

Back