My hair would like to thank LHCF!

melodee

A question- now that you are caring for your hair differently (for those who weren't really doing so before), do you find your virgin hair is different than you thought?

I find my kitchen are is actually softer than I thought it is. I have been relaxed since age seven and regularly got touch ups ever 6-8 weeks. In between, I washed my hair evry 3-4 weeks (I know, but hey, I thought water was the enemy). My new growth used to always feel really brittle to me.

Since the beginning of the year I have been mildly texturizing (Jan +April) and stretching out touch ups. I'm using better products, not grease all the time and whatever the stylist recommended. I don't regularly take vits, as they break me out and cause weight gain. But my hair is really softer. It is still coily, but not "hard" or tight. The nape area is the slowest growing area, but any new growth is curly.

I used to think wash and go styles were for those with hair like my sis/daughter (wavy, cokscrew type 2/3). I used to do braidouts without the correct products and on dry seldom washed hair and they'd look aight, but not great.

Just before finding this site, I started to contemplate straying from my styist. I thought my hair could be pretty w/o her help and that my sis wan't the only one with pretty hair (she used to praise my sis). So I started going less and less, and washing my hair more often. When I found this site, I entered the world of CO washing and wet set. I would have never dreamed my hair could be styled this way w/o looking like I should stay indoors. I am so happy, I've reached my brastrap goal. I would like longer hair, but I'm not hard pressed. I would like to rid myself of the bone straight, stringy ends. I used to think that bone straight was the only way. Now I see that the texture left helps my fine strands from snapping and breaking.

Now I'm considering going aunatural due to all the lovely heads here. Not sure, but the possiblity of it never crossed my mind until this year.:look:

Thanks ladies, all y'all.
(Special thanks to my natural and texturized sis's like Ayeshia and Den who have shown me the light). Natural's not just for wavy girls or Mariahesque heads. It looks slammin on curlyheads and kinkigirls too.:lol:

That's great Melodee!!!
23_1_140.gif

Your hair is one of the most inspiring on this board. I think your progress is really amazing...but then again you have some gorgeous hair!

Thanks guys. I'll be updating my album with pics of my hair in wash and go styles soon.

Are there any more success stories to share?

Back