my hair wont keep moisture anymore?!?!

L.Brown1114

iv been using wave nuvou (however you spell it) and i used to only need it once a day and id be set. NOW i need to twice a day and i NEED to seal with shea butter each time and my hair STILL wont stay moisturized :wallbash::wallbash: idk what to do?? i was gonna try glycerin and aloe vera mix and seal with EVOO but i dont want to waste my money if its just going to do the same thing cuz wave novou is bascially glycerin!!

ETA: my reggie hasnt changed except i rotate with conditioner but thats about it

Shea Butter never worked for me ...not sure why.....I live by oils though....anything with Castor Oil, JoJoba, EVOO & Coconut Oil works wonders for my hair....
I am lazy so I don't make my own (I should) so I normally use AfroVeda Sunsilk Oil or Hairveda CoCasta Oil....

I suspect that the Wave Nouveau product you have been using contains a high concentration of glycerin, which is sucking the moisture from your hair.

In my opinion, glycerin-laden products are most effective in moisture rich climes and temperatures given that it acts as a humectant.

I suspect that the Wave Nouveau product you have been using contains a high concentration of glycerin, which is sucking the moisture from your hair.

In my opinion, glycerin-laden products are most effective in moisture rich climes and temperatures given that it acts as a humectant.

I agree. What's in Wave Nouveau? I just did a quick search but couldn't find the ingredients online. I would clarify, DC, use a product to correct your porosity then ease into moisturizing again. Try using fewer products at a time (one if possible) it could be that something you're using just doesn't work for you or that you just needed to clarify. Clarifying usually does it for me.

I would clarify to remove any buildup then do a moisturizing DC and follow that with Porosity Control the close the hair cuticle and seal in moisture.

I had to let go of Scurl early on in my journey because it did the same thing....started of wonderful but then it seemed like it stoped my hairs ability to stay moisturized.

I found that water based products work best for me sealed with oil

Sounds like build up. Try clarifying and using less product. Also shea twice daily is too much. I wouldn't even use it every day. I think no more than 2-3 times/week is sufficient. Also with the wave nouveau you technically don't need it every day. Maybe three days in a row then when you get to the right moisture level you switch to a lighter conditioning spritz. There used to be a WV companion spray - you can also use a light moisturizer spray of your choice or make your own - just dilute one or more of your fave leave ins with water and add other conditioners/conditioning agents if you want and that's what you use on days when you aren't using the wv lotion.

thanks you guys. ill try clarifying and doing a DC and then moisturizing with half water and conditioner. idt i live in an area where glycerin will benefit me

I noticed the same thing in March and in April.

In March I used a new conditioner: Profective Mega Growth Deep Strengthening Growth Conditioner. I didn't add oils to it, because it has quite a number of oils included. So I noticed less than two days later, my hair was really dry and strong--even though I oiled it thoroughly before and after pressing. I had to oil my hair several times a week because it was "bone dry."

Then for the next wash, I decided to use a different conditioner: Pantene Relax and Natural Mask. This time I added olive oil to it, even though oils are already included. My hair wasn't as dry and strong as the previous month. However, I had to oil it but not as much as with the Profective conditioner.

Now this month, I decided to clarify with baking soda before washing. I used my Motions Moisture Plus conditioner, and now my hair feels a lot softer and normal. Those other two conditioners did the job, but they made my hair stronger and dryer than normal. I assume they are protein conditioners.

I decided to add coconut and peanut oils to the Profective conditioner. Hopefully, my hair won't be as dry next time I decide to use it.

I would recommend that you clarify with baking soda and water thoroughly then try a moisturizing shampoo if you're not already using one and a deep moisturizing conditioner.

I noticed the same thing in March and in April.

In March I used a new conditioner: Profective Mega Growth Deep Strengthening Growth Conditioner. I didn't add oils to it, because it has quite a number of oils included. So I noticed less than two days later, my hair was really dry and strong--even though I oiled it thoroughly before and after pressing. I had to oil my hair several times a week because it was "bone dry."

Then for the next wash, I decided to use a different conditioner: Pantene Relax and Natural Mask. This time I added olive oil to it, even though oils are already included. My hair wasn't as dry and strong as the previous month. However, I had to oil it but not as much as with the Profective conditioner.

Now this month, I decided to clarify with baking soda before washing. I used my Motions Moisture Plus conditioner, and now my hair feels a lot softer and normal. Those other two conditioners did the job, but they made my hair stronger and dryer than normal. I assume they are protein conditioners.

I decided to add coconut and peanut oils to the Profective conditioner. Hopefully, my hair won't be as dry next time I decide to use it.

I would recommend that you clarify with baking soda and water thoroughly then try a moisturizing shampoo if you're not already using one and a deep moisturizing conditioner.

yeah it may be the different conditioners. ill wash my hair in two days and see if it makes a difference.

It sounds to me like the glycerin is drying out your hair, If you live in a dry enviroment, the glycerin will absorb the moisture in your hair if it cannot find it in the air. Irressistable could probably chime in, her daughter had a set back due to using a lot of glycerin (it was a while back). your hair can become hooked on glycerin if you use it too much, especially if you live in a hot and dry climate. U may need to cut it out for a while and fine other methods, to mosturise, just so that ur hair can detox from it. clarifying will help, but dont just jump back on to the glycerin :)

Back