My hair was my security blanket - got a hair cut and I feel exposed

I feel you girl. Mine isn't weight, its acne. As long as you come to grips with what you perceive as "flaws" you can keep your long hair and allow it NOT to be your security blanket. As has been said, its beautiful and you really do not appear to be overweight at all - but it is all about how you feel about yourself.
Previous adult acne sufferer. Know the frustration all too well. :look:

Wavez, I applaud you for letting go of your security blanket. You are still very pretty and like India's song " You are not your hair". It looks so healthy and is still long. I know you can get to whatever length you want. Play around and have fun with your new length.

your hair looks absolutely fabulous and healthy and I am being brutally honest, this is definitely is one of those tricks that mirrors play on us women every so often. I am sending you some styling inspiration to stimulate your creative juices and don't listen to nasty mirrors, they sometimes lie and this is definitely the case:rosebud:

what about braid and curls (braids with a roller at the end)
(and those earrings you have????????? I've been looking for something like that for ages?) ok, back to the ideas :drunk:

tumblr_l43kzln9mq1qbnp9ro1_400.jpg

akeysbraid.jpg

alicia-keys-bet-awards.jpg

sesame-street-love-hair_20101020112216_320_240.JPG

(LOL sorry, I just love her expression AND she is beautiful with short hair)

fish-tails.jpg

Last edited:
Sill looks beautiful wavezncurlz

Sometimes we need that ''extra'' push to do something we've always wanted to but never had the courage.

I wish you the best in your hair journey, and weight goals.

your hair looks absolutely fabulous and healthy and I am being brutally honest, this is definitely is one of those tricks that mirrors play on us women every so often. I am sending you some styling inspiration to stimulate your creative juices and don't listen to nasty mirrors, they sometimes lie and this is definitely the case:rosebud:

what about braid and curls (braids with a roller at the end)
(and those earrings you have????????? I've been looking for something like that for ages?) ok, back to the ideas :drunk:

tumblr_l43kzln9mq1qbnp9ro1_400.jpg

akeysbraid.jpg

alicia-keys-bet-awards.jpg

sesame-street-love-hair_20101020112216_320_240.JPG

(LOL sorry, I just love her expression AND she is beautiful with short hair)

fish-tails.jpg

Curlykale, You are wrong for the sesame street girl! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I see where you're going - my hair is looking big like Tracyee's these days. And I love that look on Alicia.

I did do a Twist n Curl today and I like it. They never worked as well before. It looks a lot like CurlyNikki's. I'll definitely keep experimenting.

And the earrings were a birthday present from my girls and DH. They picked out two sets that were so cute. I've taught them well :)

wavezncurlz I love your hair. It looks very nice. I would have loved to see it at waist length.

Your hair still is lovely, maybe wear it down more often.

The December 2010 picture shows my v that was close to WL. My v was more pronounced but definitely at WL this summer. I didn't take a picture of it straight before it was cut but I could stretch my curls to past my waist.

I rarely wore it out because it was tangly and not in a style. I only wore it out when it was straight. It's almost like it didn't matter that I'd reached WL. The only benefit was how easy it was to wear in ponytails, updos, and intricate buns. But in retrospect, pretty lazy of me.

So I finally washed it. I never was able to do a wash-n-go before because my ends didn't really curl without help. I am so pleased with the definition I got today from just washing, conditioner, and some eco gel. I hope to wear it out more.

end of day

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry they cut so much. How did you not notice?

BTW you know it'll grow back. And it's still long. If DH likes it and is giving you attention that is a huge positive.

Sending you a big hug!

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

You are beautiful. No matter how long your hair is.

And Your hair is gorgeous!:)

Ps. Fire your stylist. She is not allowed to chop off all the hair with no consequence! I'm hot with her.

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

Back