My Hair Vent

• Thread starter Thread starter AmilLion
  • Start date Start date
A

AmilLion

I hate my hair this short, I feel soo unattractive and like a man, so much that when men do look at me, I wonder if they are wondering if I'm a man, woman or lesbian. I know that sounds stupid, but I've never had hair this short.

So like my weekly routine, I wash, condition and set my hair tonite. So I'm playing top model lol and I'm absolutely disgusted by the remaining see-thru ends (in the front).

Here I go with the urge to cut again. I just cut last night and I'm in the mirror wanting to cut again tonight. I want to wrap my hair, go to sleep but just these damn ends was bothering.

I try to find my cutting shears, to no avail but I do find standard household scissors and I start snipping. I began to feel better, but now staring back at my even shorter hair. Weird, I feel good, even though I feel like a dude.

Just three months and I know I will see marked progress, but I hope I can make it.

Gurrrrl, that ain't a man cut.:rolleyes:

It's probably short and sassy...

I cut my hair in a bob once and hated it (initially),
but the men loooooved it. It took a little while, but
eventually I fell in love with it too.

Just give it some time girl. Sounds like you're trying to
nurse it back to health too? Before you know it, it'll be
bouncy and bangin' all over again.;)

I try to find my cutting shears, to no avail but I do find standard household scissors and I start snipping. I began to feel better, but now staring back at my even shorter hair..

You know better than that!!:nono: You're gonna be shaving off the rest of your hair if you keep using household scissors! Those things will chew up and dry out your ends something terrible!! STOP IT!

I know how you feel. You probably aren't used to your hair being this short. I remember how disgusted I felt when this guy who was supposed to trim my hair shorned my hair up to my earlobes a year and a half ago. My hair has always been below shoulder length, so you can imagine how bad I felt that I couldn't even put my hair into a ponytail. But eventually I began to look at the positives: 1) all the damaged parts were gone 2) My hair was all one length) 3) I could start over and take care of my hair the right way, which is what I did. Now my hair is even longer than it was before. Don't feel ugly or bad. Your hair will grow, and when it gets longer it will probably be thicker and better than before. And DON't cut your hair anymore! In your anger you'll only wind up cutting off more hair than you intend to.

You know better than that!!:nono: You're gonna be shaving off the rest of your hair if you keep using household scissors! Those things will chew up and dry out your ends something terrible!! STOP IT!

I didn't know that! Guess I better set out to find some trimming scissors then.:look:

Even drugstore scissors made for cutting the hair can be suspect, I can't bring myself to spend upwards of $100 for a pair of haircutting shears....yet. Just try to make sure you scissors/shears are super sharp before trimming your ends.

Back