My hair-Underprocessed or Texturized?or both?

melodee

My hair-Underprocessed or texturized? or both?

I got a touch up today at a new salon in my neighborhood. The styist was so nice and answered all of my questions. She told me that I should go with the Deep Brilliance relaxer because it is gentler on the hair. She said you could color on the same day--and you know I'm not gonna try that one. I did want to go back to lye based (which this is),but wanted a gentle perm so I bit the bullet and gave it a go.

Well, I'd been pondering transitioning to a texturized state rather than a bone straight perm (no I' not going to chop, I just didn't want fragile hair anymore). But I didn't want to tell her to do this, I wanted to try that one on my own one day. But guess what--my roots wound up puffy or underprocessed/texturized. It's not coarse or anything, but it is still curly and not laying straight. It does feel soft, just not straight. My hair does look healthy and nice though.

I don't know if I like it or not. I'm wondering if it was the Deep Brilliance to blame (not strong enough) or the fact that she didn't leave it on as long as I usually have it on. I was nervous about having a new girl do it, so when she asked me how I was feeling after about 12 minutes, I said it was starting to burn. She rinsed it right out.

I know candibaby has been to a Deep Brilliance show and has experince with DB. Candi, can you enlighten me on the relaxer at all?

And sengschick and other 3c4a's who texturize only, how do your roots feel when finished?

Is there a difference between underprocessed and texturized?

Last edited:
melodee--underprocessed and texturized are the same thing. It just depends on how you're looking at it. If you were aiming for straight hair--then one would call in underprocessed. If you were actually wanting to maintain some curl/body--then one calls it texturized.

model_chick717 said:
melodee--underprocessed and texturized are the same thing. It just depends on how you're looking at it. If you were aiming for straight hair--then one would call in underprocessed. If you were actually wanting to maintain some curl/body--then one calls it texturized.

Thanks Model- I thought so but wanted to be sure. I did want it like this,but I wasn't 100% sure I did. I may grow to like this.

One good thing is that my edges and hairline-normally overprocessed and dry/thin- now they are soft and straight. They are straighter than the crown area, so I guess they don't need as long as process time.

melodee said:
One good thing is that my edges and hairline-normally overprocessed and dry/thin- now they are soft and straight. They are straighter than the crown area, so I guess they don't need as long as process time.
Yeah, I think that's the case with a lot of people. That's why I always apply the relaxer to my edges last...;)

Back