my hair still looks natural after a relaxer

Okay

Hey ladies :)

Whenever i relax and wash day arrives my hair goes back to looking natural :ohwell:

do you think i should leave the relaxer on longer (i left it for 20 last time! and my hair is still verrrry natural looking... )

or maybe i need a realllly hard protein? i have no clue. hard protein treatments scare me a bit.. hmm

help :perplexed

tia

a bit underprocessed maybe?

i just flat ironed my hair but maybe i can find some pics online

i DC#ed with replenishing conditioner today and it has protein but it still looked very natural... hmm

I would never photos. does your hair still have curl to it? your hair isn't always going to look like flat ironed freshly relaxed hair.

Maybe it was the strength of the relaxer and the application? Did you mix anything in with the relaxer?

It could also have been the timing, that prevented it from fully taking. Did you use Lye/No-Lye etc.....There are alot of factors.

I know, for myself, my underprocessing has come from my Lack of Smoothing and general application. Also, not leaving it on long enough to fully process.

Lye relaxers always left me looking "natural"

So I not only changed brands, but went back to no-lye.

Also smoothing is key here...
Being severely under processed is just as bad as being over processed IMO..

Relaxer strength is really tricky. I was told by a pro that super relaxers do not process your hair better than a regular relaxer. It just processes faster than a regular at the same time rate as a regular relaxer.:ohwell: Lye relaxers always left me looking natural. No lye makes me bone strait. I think it is healthier to the hair to have some texture. Maybe you didn't put enough relaxer on the section. If you had some pics, maybe we could help you more. What relaxer did you use? Did you add anything to the relaxer? How long did you process?:look:

Okay
lye relaxers worked better for me before i transitioned to natural no lye kept me in a state of being overprocessed or it made my hair too straight.....my hair was much healthier with lye but everyone's hair is different. does your hair feel dry, mushy or stretchy? did you change up relaxer brands or formulas? what products did you use to neutralize and condtion?

Okay

I'm sure a nice Protein Treatment wouldn't hurt. Follow the Directions and follow up with Moisture.:yep:

I'm partial to doing my Protein Treatments with Heat.

Please keep us posted.

Back