My hair still hasn't grown...it's been 8 WEEKS! HELP!!

foxxymami

Okay ladies, I need your assistance pretty please. I am 8 weeks post relaxer and I am having the most frustrating problem......

Some parts of my hair has 1" new growth while others have 0"..literally. I'm talking I could be looking at 10 or so strands of hair that has grown nicely, then to the immediate right, there is what appears to be NO growth at all!!

What in the world?? :confused: I'm confused. I don't know what to do about this. I was planning on stretching my relaxer for about 20 weeks, but how can I do that if I have nothing to stretch. What should I do? Should I just take some MTG or an oil or Surge and put it on the tip of my finger and just dot on the spots where there is little/no growth :grin: ? That's the only thing I can think of to make the rest of my hair "catch up" with the other new growth.

Help....please!! TIA

Don't worry, that also happened to me, during the first 2 months after a relaxer. My hair doesn't really start to grow until the 3rd month. I don't understand it, but it's true. That was another reason I decided to stop relaxing. I thought it affected my growth. :ohwell:

I think you can try the surge/mtg and see how it works for you. Keep us posted.

Whats weird is that this has happened to me before but I don't ever remember it being such a difference between the newgrowth and the nogrowth. I'm still waiting. But I will try to do a scalp massage too and see if that helps?

I have the same thing, I am 7 week post should be reaching an inch growth
:nono:
The middle has a 3/4 and sides and back NOTHING.
But then the strangest thing happens leading 2 week 11, I have a over a inch in the middle and 3/4 around the sides.
It like me hair doubles its growth after 8 weeks. I always end up with my jst under 2 inches after I relax !!!!!!!!

No wonder my hair was such a mess when I wud relax at 6 weeks there were no roots, just DOUBLE PROCESS!!

Kizzy

Same thing. I usually stretch to 8-9 weeks which I am this week but Im trying to go even longer and Im just about ready to give up because aint nothing growing right. :( I need to update my album.

Exactly what I was going to recommend, scalp massages w/some oil for 5 min at least 2-3x'z a day, hopefully this will help along w/the surge/mtg use. by the way it will make your stretching easier, so don't give up on the strectching it is actually a really good thing.
foxxymami said:
Whats weird is that this has happened to me before but I don't ever remember it being such a difference between the newgrowth and the nogrowth. I'm still waiting. But I will try to do a scalp massage too and see if that helps?

Back