My hair sheds and breaks during washing..help

kiwiny

Do you guys have strands hanging off your ends when your washing or during detangling. I don't know what to do, it always happens to me.:(
I literally have any anxiety attack while washing. Worring about losing too much hair. I know some shedding is natural but when is it too much.

It must be the manipulation during the wash and a combination of the products. I am scared to comb it too much when it's wet because it pulls out more stands. Does this happen to any of you ladies and if so what do you do and what products. A new washing technique needed maybe?

I don't comb my hair anymore. Did this just start happening? Is it actually breakage? Do you comb your hair with conditioner in it?

This is how my hair sheds. I shed A LOT and it comes out just as you describe. I bet you feel like it's all gonna come out, right? Well, mine has been doing it for years and I'm not bald yet. lol.

This happens to me, and someone suggested to wash in braids to avoid so much tangling and manipulation.

Ebonygurl00 said:
I don't comb my hair anymore. Did this just start happening? Is it actually breakage? Do you comb your hair with conditioner in it?

So you just rinse out your conditioner without combing. Isn't your hair tangled after wards

goldensensation said:
This is how my hair sheds. I shed A LOT and it comes out just as you describe. I bet you feel like it's all gonna come out, right? Well, mine has been doing it for years and I'm not bald yet. lol.

Yeah you got it! :grin: That's how I feel. I feel like it's thinning out but people always tell me wow your hair is so thick. After washing, I think to myself thank god it still there.:lol:

kiwiny said:
Yeah you got it! :grin: That's how I feel. I feel like it's thinning out but people always tell me wow your hair is so thick. After washing, I think to myself thank god it still there.:lol:

Your hair looks gorgeously thick! Is it layered?

kiwiny said:
So you just rinse out your conditioner without combing. Isn't your hair tangled after wards

I finger-comb my hair under the shower with my conditioner in my hair. It works great, and my hair is retaining so much more length! I also do it when I have tons of NG.

My lhcf sister you are not alone. I REALLY feel your pain. This happens to me every wash without fail. My hair should be see through by now, but guess what it is actually thickening more.

I think I am going to try Queen Helene's Garlic Shampoo & see how that works on my hair.

Good luck with your hair & if you find a solution please let me know.

I've heard good thing about the Alter Ego Cren hair treatment. It's pretty expensive, but I plan on purchasing the sample soon, just to give it a try.

i have the same problem im wondering maybe could be that my cholesterol level is high because when i was a lot smaller i didnt have this problem. my hair used to be so thick that it would take more than one jar of perm now it takes half a jar. my cousins who used to relax my hair has said on more than one occasion you hair is not thick like it used to be. i use nutrine shampoo and conditioner and it works well its just when its time to comb my hair into a bun it starts to break off and i can literally hear it breaking off. my diet is not something to brag about i eat junk food everyday. im an emotional eater. dont have time to cook because i work and go to school full time. i have decided one last time on monday to change my eating habits because im tired of being obese. im too big and i want to loose weight for health reasons and because i want to loose weight so that i can have a breast lift and breast reduction. sorry venting here its justs i guess im too emotional that's my downfall. if i wasnt so emotional i would be ok

Ditto :lol:

We are lucky :lol

I cant NOT comb my hair. Although I have stopped combing as much, I cant just stop :lol:

All I can suggest is to definitely use a good slippery conditioner :)

goldensensation said:

After shedding for three months or so, Sweetcashew posted recently that she used a rinse on her hair which stopped all of the shedding in its tracks. I don't know exactly what is in a rinse to do this but it's interesting.

Back