My Hair Reverted!

blkbeauty

I have been keeping to a good regimen with only flat ironing my hair every two months. Saturday, I had blow dryed and flat iron my hair, but last night, my AC wasn’t working and I woke up this morning sweaty and infuriated…and parts of my hair reverted.

I am going to an event Saturday night and prefer to wear my hair straight. Since its only been a week, can I just flat iron without washing or should I wash my hair again and flat iron? Would both be damaging? I know the best answer to be is to just leave it alone and not apply any heat.

Any suggestions?

I have been keeping to a good regimen with only flat ironing my hair every two months. Saturday, I had blow dryed and flat iron my hair, but last night, my AC wasn’t working and I woke up this morning sweaty and infuriated…and parts of my hair reverted.

I am going to an event Saturday night and prefer to wear my hair straight. Since its only been a week, can I just flat iron without washing or should I wash my hair again and flat iron? Would both be damaging? I know the best answer to be is to just leave it alone and not apply any heat.

Any suggestions?

I have had to do this happen before, had to use heat twice in one week. I washed both times, to remove any product that could cause my hair to burn. Plus w/ using heat, I wanted to be sure to DC good before applying more heat.

You stated you don't do it often, so I don't see how it could hurt, only if you consistently heated your hair could lead to damage.

Be sure to use a heat protectant if you use any heat. HTH

oh and if you choose to do it, air dry if possible and then flat iron.

Last edited:
Wrap it, cover with one layer of saran wrap and sit under the dryer for ten minutes......straighten it right out:yep:.

I have had to do this happen before, had to use heat twice in one week. I washed both times, to remove any product that could cause my hair to burn. Plus w/ using heat, I wanted to be sure to DC good before applying more heat.

You stated you don't do it often, so I don't see how it could hurt, only if you consistently heated your hair could lead to damage.

Be sure to use a heat protectant if you use any heat. HTH

oh and if you choose to do it, air dry if possible and then flat iron.

Thanks for answering...UGHHHH!! I was trying to avoid washing, because my schedule from now until Saturday is HECTIC. But I know its best.

THAT DAMN AC!!!!GRRRRRRR

Wrap it, cover with one layer of saran wrap and sit under the dryer for ten minutes......straighten it right out:yep:.

Thanks Poka! I have to try this. What temperature should I put the setting on? Do I need to apply any oil to my hair before I wrap it?

Thanks Poka! I have to try this. What temperature should I put the setting on? Do I need to apply any oil to my hair before I wrap it?
If you feel you need it you can add a little moisturizer and a dab of oil. This will help straighten and silken it out even better.

ETA....I always do the high setting on my dryer. I only have a high and a low, the low isn't enough heat.

Hey Pookie,

I am a natural. But I agree about using heat protectant!

Relaxed hair can't revert, unless you used a product with heavy protein. what probably happened is you didn't process your relaxer all the way.

this happened with my touchup this week: i relaxed, underprocessed because i rinsed too quickly, blow-dried my hair, and noticed that after 2 days, parts were puffy, and some were wavy.

i'm doing a corrective relaxer on the more serious parts this weekend.
but i would NOT recommend that for anyone else!!!

if you decide to flat iron the underprocessed parts, be careful, and use heat protectant :yep:

If you feel you need it you can add a little moisturizer and a dab of oil. This will help straighten and silken it out even better.

ETA....I always do the high setting on my dryer. I only have a high and a low, the low isn't enough heat.

Thanks lady! I am going to try it out tonight!

Back