My Hair Pics - Post Big Chop

Elyse,

Your hair is so glossy and beautiful. Keep up the good work. I know you have gel on your hair, but is your hair wet or dry in the picture?

My hair is definitely damp. It is bigger, curlier and puffier when completely dry
frown.gif

Elyse,

Your hair is fabulous, beautiful, lustrous...simply awesome
grin.gif

So jealous of those curls....just gorgeous!

How long do you want to grow your hair? [Had to ask]

Cheers,

Jade

awesome pic...i wish i had known u when i had my natural hair..it was same texture and all and used to shrink and bulk up so bad i had to do something....didnt know how to care for it...great job with it....makes me wanna go back...
smile.gif

Pretty curls! How much did you chop off?
I found that twisting my hair into fat coils while it's wet after applying products cuts back on some of the shrinkage. Clip them with a silver hair clip at the base. They will unravel slightly, but they will stay coiled as they dry. Just seperate them once they dry(just like twists...only coilier and easier).

Thanks everyone for all of the compliments
grin.gif
grin.gif
. I had my last relaxer in early 2001. I had bra-strap length at that time. I waited until September 2002 to do the big chop. I had 13"-15" of healthy new growth, 2"-4" of frizzy scab hair and about 10"-14" of relaxed ends at that time. It was hard having two (three???) different textures of hair, but I didn't think that very short curls would look good on me.

I don't have a specific goal in mind for my length right now. Maybe I'll try for waist length?? I get 1"-2" per month and only dust the ends as needed.

Once I liberated my curls, my only regret was that I hadn't done it sooner.

Sweetcocoa,

My braidouts, twists and coils never come out right
crazy.gif
They look afflicted; bent at funky angles. I'll try using the silver clips as you suggested.

Thanks
grin.gif
grin.gif

Ms. Jennifer,

If you miss your natural texture, don't be afraid to go back. This is my 2nd attempt at going natural. The first time, I had about 8" of new growth and went back to the relaxer
confused.gif
confused.gif
for some reason that seemed important at the time.

The ladies on this board have been key in my transition. I now know so much about what products and techniques to use on my hair.

thats some nice hair u have there elyse
smile.gif
what is yo regiment and to be gettin 1-2 inches of growth a month what exactly r u doin?? pliz tell, coz wit that kinda growth a yr i'd be at shoulder length by the end of the yr
grin.gif

Hi Elyse
wave.gif

Girl, yo' hair is beauuuuuuu tiful! I love the waves n' curls
smile.gif

Awesome hair, kid!!!
wink.gif

God Bless,
Peachtree

Thanks again.

I relaxed my hair ever since the age of 14. I believed at that time that there was something undesirable about my hair in the natural state and that I'd be more attractive with bone straight hair.

I have always been fortunate to have hair that grows quickly, but my current regimen allows me to keep much more of my growth because I don't need to trim nearly as often.

My current regimen:

Children's chewable multi-vitamen 1x per day
8+ glasses of water daily
Salmon 2x per week
Olive oil on my ends morning and night
Conditioner wash with cheap conditioner (Tropical Pacifica?) every other day
Mane and Tail as leave in conditioner
Alternate Keracare Humecto and Elucence Moisture Balance as deep conditoner 2x per week with heat
Protective hairstyles 90% of the time
Let hair air dry mostly; rollerset once in a blue moon.
Absolutely NO shampoo!!!

Hello Fellow Dallasite!

I'm so glad to see you back on the board! Anyway:

#1 Your hair is super-beautiful, OK!
#2 I love your simple yet GREAT regimen. I am working on simplifying my list of products. Pray for me girl!!!!!!!!!!
#3 Keep up the great work
smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Elyse said:
I get 1"-2" per month and only dust the ends as needed.

Once I liberated my curls, my only regret was that I hadn't done it sooner.

Thanks
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow your growth rate is amazing!!! Dang that's fast
shocked.gif

Your hair is stunning. Really glossy looking and thick.

Elyse said:

Absolutely NO shampoo!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could do no shampoo. I tried twice and both times my hair got hard and developed a buildup. I shampoo once a week. It may be because I use shea/butter and oil pomade on my hair once it dries and it's hard to remove when I just do no shampoo for more than a week. Any suggestions?

VERRRRRY pretty, Elyse! Your hair looks just great and grows so fast. We should all be so lucky!!
laugh.gif

Sweetcocoa,

When I do get excessive buildup on my hair, I do an ACV and distilled water rinse. I have also had luck removing buildup and chlorine from my hair by doing conditioner washes with Alberto VO5 Kiwi and Lime Clarifying Conditioner. It costs $1 or less per bottle. Mabe you can pick up a bottle from a store like Wal-Mart with an easy return policy (in case you don't like it.)

zanna said:
Hi Elyse, your hair is so beautiful! why "post big chop"?
Zanna

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Zanna,

I'm not sure I understand your question. I was just posting this pic to show my hair after my big chop.

Bon Weekend!!!

Back