My hair Nightmare!

kami11213

Okay, so I keep having this recurring dream that I wake up, take my scarf off to do my hair, and my hair is full of splits... Now I'm not talking about a few splits, I mean every strand of hair, the entire shaft, has splits that look like the tree split in this pic
splitendchart.jpg

and my ends look like this pic
splitend.jpg

These dreams are really starting to freak me out :nono:... in all the dreams I am screaming that I have to cut my hair off and start all over, and as I'm about to start shaving my hair off I wake up... What does this mean??? I looked up some dream interpretations and one site said that maybe I'm feeling torn in multiple directions, I honestly don't feel like that's the case... My s/o said that I'm just too hair crazy and its starting to come out in my dreams :ohwell:. I don't know... all I know is this crap is FREAKING me OUT!

Do you ladies ever have creepy and weird hair dreams? If so what do you think it meant?

not sure what it means, but my hari dreams usually involve my hair being very long, and then someone cutting and I am screaming or it's falling out. I think its hair obsession in my case. especially since I am on the board every night before i go to bed. where did you get the pics of the splits? sad thing is some of mine look like that.

Yeah, I've found some odd splits in my hair b4, maybe I'm obsessing and it's manifesting in my dreams :perplexed

I did a 'split end chart' search on google and came up w/ this...

The first time I got a sew in I had a few crazy dreams. I kept dreaming about making out with a really hot guy and he ran his hands through my hair while we were kissing, and my weave fell out!! :lachen: it's funny looking back at that dream but at the time I was mortified when I woke up! :grin:

The first time I got a sew in I had a few crazy dreams. I kept dreaming about making out with a really hot guy and he ran his hands through my hair while we were kissing, and my weave fell out!! :lachen: it's funny looking back at that dream but at the time I was mortified when I woke up! :grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Yea you are just hair crazy and it's coming out in your dreams. Anxiety attacks...but it is happening in your dream.

Talk to naturals most of us have had the relaxer dreams. In our dreams someone tricks us into a relaxer, we go to get a relaxer, or we have been like relaxed against our will.

I've woken up multiple times in a cold sweat, my heart rate up, my muscles in full tense mode, crying....the first thing you go to is your hair. I tear off that satin scarf and am so thankful my naps are in full nappy mode. I've had to walk around to get my heart rate back down so I could go to sleep.

Just hair anxiety about the worst thing that could happen to your hair coming out in your dream.

Thanks TrustMe.... It probably is anxiety...I've also woke up in cold sweats, pulling my scarf off inspecting my hair...not fun.

I just thought that maybe these types of dreams had deeper meanings...

Thanks TrustMe.... It probably is anxiety...I've also woke up in cold sweats, pulling my scarf off inspecting my hair...not fun.

I just thought that maybe these types of dreams had deeper meanings...

They might have deeper meanings..I am sure everyone who has had this type of nappy dream is still natural. However, I am sure at the time protecting their nappy hair was of major concern. But why? I beat people down in my dreams after I was forced into a relaxer. Went in for some twist thought the lady was putting conditioner in my hair and she went to rinse me out and I felt my scalp. I thought ok this is just a good conditioner. Someone mentioned that my hair wasn't nappy. We got into it because I said YES I DO HAVE NAPPY HAIR. They said no you don't. I said YES I DO.

They said take a look in the mirror. Girll my hair was shoulder length, all choppy, thin, and stringy. I had to ask for forgivness as I beat that beautician down in my dream. I was crying in, because it felt so real.

At the time I had "friends" telling me if I didn't look good with my natural hair we couldn't hang anymore. I had people asking me if I was going crazy to cut my hair. I had people doing interventions..as if I was some drug user who wouldn't get off drugs.

So I understand I was under a lot of pressure, this might be a reason why I had the dream. And the reason that beautician in the dream was beat down. Me acting out my anger on her, when I wouldn't act it out on the people in my real life.

I've only a few hair nightmares/dream..
I can relate
in my dream...My hair was long-ish and then as I touched it..it fell apart in my hands
and once that it was long and thick and I dint know what to do with it

Yea you are just hair crazy and it's coming out in your dreams. Anxiety attacks...but it is happening in your dream.

Talk to naturals most of us have had the relaxer dreams. In our dreams someone tricks us into a relaxer, we go to get a relaxer, or we have been like relaxed against our will.

I've woken up multiple times in a cold sweat, my heart rate up, my muscles in full tense mode, crying....the first thing you go to is your hair. I tear off that satin scarf and am so thankful my naps are in full nappy mode. I've had to walk around to get my heart rate back down so I could go to sleep.

Just hair anxiety about the worst thing that could happen to your hair coming out in your dream.

OMG! I'm so glad I'm not the only who has had that dream. I once had a dream that I came home to relaxed hair (some how my hair had stayed home while I was at school). I was so mad, and I yelled at the person who had relaxed my hair. I then started to freak out because my relaxed hair was BSL, and I kept thinking about how long it would take me to transition. :nono::lachen:

So yeah, my name is Rosa, and I have a problem.

Okay, so I looked this up, I don't know if you found the same one but this is what I did see:

Hair
To see hair in your dream, signifies sexual virility, seduction, sensuality, vanity, and health. It is indicative of your attitudes. If your hair is knotted or tangled, then it is symbolic of uncertainty and confusion in your life. You may be unable to think straight. To dream that you are cutting your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may feel that someone is trying to censor you. Alternatively, you may be reshaping your thinking or ambitions and eliminating unwanted thoughts/habits. To dream that you are combing, stroking or styling your hair, suggests that you are taking on and evaluating a new idea, concept, outlook, or way of thinking. You may be putting your thoughts in order and getting your facts straight. A more literal interpretation suggests your concerns about your self-image and appearance. To dream that you have long hair, indicates that you are thinking long and carefully before making some decision. You are concentrating on some plan or situation. To dream that you are losing your hair, denotes that you are concerned with the notion that you are getting older and losing your sex appeal/virility. You are preoccupied with aging and your appearance. Losing you hair also signifies a lack of strength and that you do not possess the power to succeed in an undertaking. You may be feeling weak and vulnerable. To dream that someone smells your hair, indicates sexual curiosity and your need for some sensual stimulation. You have a lot to learn about a relationship. The way yours or someone else's hair smell may remind you of a particular person. To dream that you are reaching for someone's hair, suggests that you are trying to connect with that person on a spiritual or intellectual level. It also refers to sympathy, protectiveness, and fraternal love. To dream that the wind is blowing through your hair, signifies freedom to express uninhibited feelings. You are "letting your hair down". To dream that your hair is white or turns white, indicates that something important has just been made aware to you. It is a symbol of wisdom and insight. The dream may also be a metaphor suggesting that you are feeling "light-headed".

Haircut
To dream that someone is giving you a haircut, suggests that you are experiencing a decreased sense of power. You may feel that you were criticized unfairly.

~The link that I found this on was: http://www.brilliantdreams.com/dream-dictionary/dream-dictionary-h.htm

I use this often and for some reason it always makes sense. Not in the "Premonition" sense, but rather what my mind is truly thinking about or what I have been going through.
I hope this helps!

Ibeleevenme

Great info Ibeelee...

I can't figure out what the nappy to relaxed means though from the info. Maybe someone can infer?

Ya know I thought about that after I placed my post. The thingI learned is you have to think outside of the box with it. For instance, instead of trying to look up "nappy" or "relaxed" try looking up chemical. Also try to remember very hard things you remember in the dream that stuck out. For instance, a color that kept standing out. Certain words that stood out. A symbol that you remember, people and their titles i.e. brother, sister, etc. Also remember things like emotion. I know this is a forum about hair, but the site I sent in my prev. post has a lot of info about the things we think about in our subconsious. (Now if I could just get some help with my post on my hair disaster lol)

OP, maybe you're scared of losing something that took so long to get. I have the relaxed dream, but its probably from my own fears of somebody messing up something that took so long to get. We're all obsessed with hair here. As a crazy person, it makes me feel better knowing I'm not in this alone LOL

yeah, I think stress and pressure, not necessarily related to hair, has a lot to do w/ it. In my dreams I'm usually preparing to go somewhere, I'll take off my scarf and I'll see literally a million splits and every different direction, enough to make your skin crawl. I start screaming and someone in the dream usually tells me to start all over and shave it off...once the clippers are at my head I start screaming and wake up...

Currently I'm juggling school, work, family and a couple of other things...maybe subconsciencely I am feeling torn :-/

i had a dream not to long ago that i cut my mbl hair(only that long in the dream lol) to nl and my stylist was going to kill me(she really is about growing long hair).

Back