My hair loves moisture only?

crlsweetie912

Ladies, I have been on the board for a few months and have been reading about the benefits of moisture and protein. But I have come to a conclusion, my hair, 99% of the time, loves moisture! Most of my products are moisture based and I only use protein (heavy) for my after relaxer rinse. Is this normal? I know everyone's hair is different, but does anyone else's hair act like this?

I think you should use a gentle protein at least once a month and play it by ear the rest of the time. hth

Well I do use CPR about 1 or 2 times per month, but I sometimes slack on that too. It's just for the most part, my hair is really thriving with this extra attention to moisture!

Not mine. :) In college I used Humectress everyday as a leave-in and my hair got so soft and moist that it was too weak and prone to breakage. I was horrified.

My hair loves protein. I do a variety of protein treatments/conditioners weekly.

I gotta wonder if your moisturzing conditioners have some protein in them?? I can't see chemically treated hair needing no protein...unless you eat a lot of meat and beans :p.

my hair hated humectress. Maybe its the vitamins? I take MSM and Biotin and B-complex everyday for the last 2 1/2 months.

crlsweetie912 said:
my hair hated humectress. Maybe its the vitamins? I take MSM and Biotin and B-complex everyday for the last 2 1/2 months.

We are too much alike! I have a sample of the Humectress and Therappe and my hair absolutely did not like these at all. My hair doesn't respond to V05 either (isn't that a light protein?)

yeah shaniquah, when I got the humectress I was so dang excited. Now I have 3 bottles of it sitting in my PJ bin
YUCK!

crlsweetie912 said:
yeah shaniquah, when I got the humectress I was so dang excited. Now I have 3 bottles of it sitting in my PJ bin
YUCK!

Yup, I learned the hard way back in the day. I made SURE they were just samples!! It's too bad, I was hoping for serious results because so many ladies rave about this line. There were a couple of other lines I was interested in, but after Nexxus, I'll wait to see if I can get samples from them :ohwell:

i only use protein after a relaxer too...

my hair is just full of protein since my affair with mnt...never really needed protein since!

crlsweetie912 said:
Ladies, I have been on the board for a few months and have been reading about the benefits of moisture and protein. But I have come to a conclusion, my hair, 99% of the time, loves moisture! Most of my products are moisture based and I only use protein (heavy) for my after relaxer rinse. Is this normal? I know everyone's hair is different, but does anyone else's hair act like this?

Mine does. I use products with very little or no protein on a daily basis and deep condition with AO GPB every few weeks.

I do use protein conditioners, but for the last year or so, i have only been using daily moisturizers without protein. i have only been using UBH creme and dew spray, they both contain no protein. I didn';t notice it until last week...My hair is getting along just fine, though i am going to start rotating daily moisturizers with something that contains lite protein..

in the summer, my hair does not respond well to protein because of the heat outside. If I use protein it has to be a conditioner that alsoe has moiturizing qualities.

Moisture is a good thang. My hair cannot handle protein w/o jheri juice style moisturizing. Surge and Aphogee has way too much protein for my bush.

CPR is a mild protein....IMHO between that and maybe some unidentified protein in your moisturizers...plus diet/vitamins....and your after relaxer protein...you are probably getting more protein than you realize and just have no need for ADDED protein...so your hair likes moisturizers better because that is what it has a greater need before....

Back