My hair likes hard water?

Neith

I've been living on Long Island for a couple of months. The water is so bad sometimes it smells like someone poured bleach in the glass. A lot of the time my BF has to shampoo his hair twice because the shampoo won't lather properly. I can't drink water straight from the faucet, I had to get a filter. NYC water is 10x better.

My hair has been thriving though. Even with daily wetting. My hair has IMPROVED since using this water.

My skin has improved too.

I use ORS creamy aloe only once a month, and even then it's diluted with water and oil.

What gives? I thought that hard water is bad for your hair. I remember being really scared that my hair would get dry/brittle when we first moved here.

Anyone had this experience?

Last edited:
YES! I even bought an IWater filter that I couldn't install. I was so scared that the hard water would make my hair fall out. After daily wetting, no problems. It's been 4-5 months of daily wetting and my hair is thriving. I wonder what will happen when I do finally get that thing installed. It's sitting under my cabinet. It didn't fit my shower head. Seems like one MORE thing I've bought for my hair that I didn't really need!

O_O where in LI do you live?! I've never experienced hard water issues or the chlorine smell.

O_O where in LI do you live?! I've never experienced hard water issues or the chlorine smell.

In Nassau. Yeah, I was surprised too, apparently it's a very localized problem. The town's water supply is just... bad.

Hello neighbor! lol I still never had this problem and i lived here for years.

Hey! :wave:

You're lucky then. The first time I realized it was when we went out to dinner and the water they gave us smelled like bleach. :nono: When we asked about it management told us that sometimes the water is like that. Every now and then it gets like that even at home.

Back