my hair journey so far- sl i think (pics!)

Ladybelle

I started here- relaxed & damaged, short & thin.
hairpic07.jpg

I decided enough was enough & transitioned for 1 year with braids and did the bc
GEDC0047.jpg

Then I silked pressed followed by an experiment with the BKT-(the BKT was okay, just not for me - only did it once). ** oh & excuse my bushy eyebrows.:lachen:

AFTERSILKPRESS.jpg
<< silk press

GEDC0020.jpg
<< bkt

Then I hid my hair again in braids until I could take it no more. I followed the crown & glory method found at www.growafrohairlong.com , I also washed & dc'd my hair in the braids on the regular.

I took out the braids & went back to the creamy crack - through this site I'm learning how to maintain my hair in either state natural or relaxed. I prefer my hair relaxed most days and every now & then I miss my kinks. I stretch a minimum of 14 weeks and have gone 9 months stretching thanks to pregnancy.

Nov09.jpg
<< December '09 (this is also a silk press).

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww127/rainofglory/hair journey/Nov09.jpg
hairjourneyjune20101.jpg
< end of my stretch 6/10

hair7-102.jpg
<< freshly relaxed 7/10

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww127/rainofglory/hair journey/hairjourneyjune20101.jpg

hair7-101-1.jpg

I can't give exact dates but my hair journey dates from February 09- present.

Last edited:
Absolutely EXCELLENT. You are doing a great job and it looks like your regimen is really working. Standing ovation!!!!

I'd say it's SL but definitely not an expert lol. Either way well done on figuring out what works for your hair

I'd say it's SL but definitely not an expert lol. Either way well done on figuring out what works for your hair

Here's a chart:View attachment 73544
Judging by that, I'd say you were SL. Congratulations!

Thanks Ladies!:grin: I think I'm SL too if I'm reading the chart right. I know around these parts SL isn't a huge deal, but to me it's an accomplishment. I hope to be BSL in two years or less. Then I will have surely accomplished something.

Last edited:
Congrats to you. I believe SL to be huge accomplish lol lol... I cant wait til im full sl

Last edited:
Your hair looks great. Imma be stingy and say you are not shoulder length yet. People were stingy with me when I was about your length. :)

Excellent progress, asuperwoman! You've got a beautiful head of hair on you!:yep:

Last edited:
When I get to that point, I'm claiming SL no matter what anybody says! If you can feel hair on your shoulders without tilting your head, that means SL to me! *snaps fingers* :lachen:

Congrats on your growth/retention! And I think SL is a fabulous accomplishment, so you hold your head high, work it, and keep doing what you're doing babeh! ;)

You have made nice progress. Keep up the good work. You are definitely past neck length to me, and right at the beginning of sl. Another inch or so and then I think most will agree.

When I get to that point, I'm claiming SL no matter what anybody says! If you can feel hair on your shoulders without tilting your head, that means SL to me! *snaps fingers* :lachen:

Congrats on your growth/retention! And I think SL is a fabulous accomplishment, so you hold your head high, work it, and keep doing what you're doing babeh! ;)

**snaps fingers too!! ** :yep: I appreciate it, you're so sweet! *picks head up & keeps it there * :grin: workin it...

Back